The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature GCSE 18th and 22nd May.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Camward1
Do you guys think candy/carslon will come up, as there the characters I havent revised :s-smilie:

Candy has quite a good chance of coming up. Carlson has a minor role in the book apart from shooting Candy's dog so it's unlikely he'll come up.
Original post by jxssamy
Would you all say that Curley is the main antagonist in the book?

Yes :smile:
Do you guys think candy/carslon will come up, as there the characters I havent revised :s-smilie:

Carlson hardly does anything apart from shoot Candy's dog, but he's only really used by Steinbeck so that this occurs. Other than that he's just a typical 1930s ranch worker.
Candy however may come up :smile:

Everyone's rooting for that armless bastard to come up
I'm hoping that slim comes up as he's the only character I've fully prepared for.
I literally haven't done any revision yet! I've got a few quotes that I remember but not word for word:/ does it matter if the quotes aren't accurate?
Good luck tomorrow guys, bricking it haha :s-smilie:
Original post by paris_newland
I literally haven't done any revision yet! I've got a few quotes that I remember but not word for word:/ does it matter if the quotes aren't accurate?

As long as they look like they're correct, the examiner probably won't notice. When in doubt make it up.
Guys candy came up in specimen paper and slim was in june 2012 - my bets are on George now
okay thanks! That's what I was hoping!
Original post by jxssamy
As long as they look like they're correct, the examiner probably won't notice. When in doubt make it up.
i know its basically 100% confirmed that Curley's Wife is NOT going to come up, but just on the off chance that she does, write about how she makes a 'small grand gesture with her arm and hand to show she could act' whilst talking to lennie just before her death - this is an oxymoron and represents her GRAND dreams to be in films and a movie star, but in reality she only lived a small and lonely life on the ranch being controlled by her husband who she does not love. - i know she probably wont come up but just in case this would be useful
Original post by Samyak!
Guys candy came up in specimen paper and slim was in june 2012 - my bets are on George now

Are you doing Foundation? Bc in higher the 2012 questions were on lennie & strength and weakness
Right i'm going to bed now, good luck everyone, you'll all do fine, and you probably know more quotes than you think :smile:
Reply 373
How is each character presented?
Could i have 3 points for each please?
Slim
George
Lennie
Candy
Curley
Pleaseee
Reply 374
Guys doing mockingbird, in the 2015 specimen, Calpurnia is essay 1 and Maycomb is essay 2. Does this mean they are unlikely to come up??
good luck to everyone in the exam, just relax, and if you freak and don't know any quotes word perfectly, put something that sounds about right, chances are the examiner wont know everything word for word and might just give you the marks, I'm praying Candy comes up cause I have revised so much for him tonight - hope everyone feels at least a bit prepared!!
Hi guys,

I hope CUrley's wife comes up. I am prepared to answer a question on that or I really hope a question about loneliness and isolation comes up.
I am really nervous about the unseen poetry. :/ Btw is it a closed book exam? My tutors are saying that it is an open book exam. I am so confused.
We were told a closed book exam like no books nada nothing
I'd like to see power come up...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending