oliviaprentice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
how did people find the as ocr geography exam today???
road26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
not the best:s i did urban, tourism then energy 25
oliviaprentice
Rep:
?
Agreed and mine was a retake :/ I did rural,tourism and urban 25marker and got a nose bleed 5 minutes before the end! -.-
beautyviews
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine was a retake too, really needed to maximise my ums with this exam. Thought I would do the tourism essay but hated it so went for energy instead. This screwed me up because I hadnt looked at the smaller topics on tourism. Also literally didn't revise 2 topics for urban and 1 of them came up!!
oliviaprentice
Rep:
?
same really needed to boost my mark! Some of the questions were worded really strangely and found I was just kind of guessing quite a lot! Just hoping that everyone found it difficult so the grade boundaries go down
road26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by oliviaprentice)
Agreed and mine was a retake :/ I did rural,tourism and urban 25marker and got a nose bleed 5 minutes before the end! -.-
oh:/ how did you find the tourism 4 and 6 marker on the first page?
oliviaprentice
Rep:
?
I just put about it being near the road and a few km from the larger town and tourists could cause congestion, wasn't really sure, they weren't too bad though
road26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just put about it being near the road and a few km from the larger town and tourists could cause congestion, wasn't really sure, they weren't too bad though
ah fair yea i put something similar
oliviaprentice
Rep:
?
Hopefully we might be okay then aha!
road26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hopefully we might be okay then aha!
i hope so the only thing im a bit concerned about is my urban 9 marker, i think it might have said only one located example but i did more:/
zoe.imogen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by road26)
i hope so the only thing im a bit concerned about is my urban 9 marker, i think it might have said only one located example but i did more:/
Don't worry, it said one or more... Which one did you use?
oliviaprentice
Rep:
?
I'm sure it will be fine, they will just mark the first one, there's no point worrying about it now- there's nothing you can do! I'm sure we've all done fine, good luck with your result!!
road26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zoe.imogen)
Don't worry, it said one or more... Which one did you use?
okay aha i used mexico city for urban growth and problems with polluting the underground aquifer, newcastle for decline and talking about the lack of maintenance on the river tyne due to a lower tax base to fund the council leading to increased pollution from litter and china with industrial growth and eutrophication etc.
road26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sure it will be fine, they will just mark the first one, there's no point worrying about it now- there's nothing you can do! I'm sure we've all done fine, good luck with your result!!
zoe.imogen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by road26)
okay aha i used mexico city for urban growth and problems with polluting the underground aquifer, newcastle for decline and talking about the lack of maintenance on the river tyne due to a lower tax base to fund the council leading to increased pollution from litter and china with industrial growth and eutrophication etc.
omg you wrote loads! well done! how did you find the rest of the paper?
road26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zoe.imogen)
omg you wrote loads! well done! how did you find the rest of the paper?
aha, well the first urban questions were ok, the i think i mightve lost a mark or two on the second 6 marker for changes in types of tourism, i spoke about business tourism, then an increase in package holiday which has led to less domestic and more international holidays but i think that could be irrelevant:/ and the energy essay was ok but i forgot to define management in the intro, you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads