Turn on thread page Beta

Convicted Somali gang rapist still in the UK despite calls for deportation watch

ReputationRep:
    Father-of-one Abdulmajid Al-Amodi, 26, was convicted in 2006 of gang raping a 17-year-old student, which was filmed while the vile group laughed about "roasting pork".

He was sentenced to eight years in jail after a judge told him he behaved like an animal and that his student immigration status in Britain should be revoked.

However, instead, he was released after just four years in prison and moved back to Hull - where he had raped the teen.
    He has since been living on £280 benefits a month while making drug deals in charity shops.

Today, Al-Amodi, of Woodbine Close, Hull, was back behind bars for two-and-a-half years after being found guilty of possession of cocaine with intent to supply.

Judge Mark Bury again told him he should be deported but Al-Amodi's family say they will fight his second deportation order.

The Home Office say they "are committed to deporting this individual" - but only at the end of his sentence.

Read more here:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/577...cocaine-dealer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Father-of-one Abdulmajid Al-Amodi, 26, was convicted in 2006 of gang raping a 17-year-old student, which was filmed while the vile group laughed about "roasting pork".

He was sentenced to eight years in jail after a judge told him he behaved like an animal and that his student immigration status in Britain should be revoked.

However, instead, he was released after just four years in prison and moved back to Hull - where he had raped the teen.
    He has since been living on £280 benefits a month while making drug deals in charity shops.

Today, Al-Amodi, of Woodbine Close, Hull, was back behind bars for two-and-a-half years after being found guilty of possession of cocaine with intent to supply.

Judge Mark Bury again told him he should be deported but Al-Amodi's family say they will fight his second deportation order.

The Home Office say they "are committed to deporting this individual" - but only at the end of his sentence.

Read more here:

As a somali person I can say this type of crime is very rare let alone somali's living in hull selling drugs with a child- that was a curve ball. He should be deported and is probably a case of one who "slipped through the net" as how he can be on benefits and have a student visa is beyond doubt a shambles by the government.

ReputationRep:
    No doubt this Somalian rapist phoned up his friends in Somalia and told them how weak and permissive UK justice is. The are all heading to UK now no doubt.

UK = global trash can

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen all the gangs who set fire to White people in Europe? You take these people in and this is how you are treated.

Tolerance is weakness and they walk all over us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Somalis tend to prefer the Scandinavian countries atm actually.
    So i should have said.

EU = Global trash can

ReputationRep:
    "He has since been living on £280 benefits a month while making drug deals in charity shops."

Haha, bloody hell. Imagine all the elderly addicts.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The EU will protect him, even if it seems like he's clutching at straws, which he no doubt will. All he has to do is claim one of his human rights is being infringed by the deportation and he'll be granted extended stay, albeit pending investigation. It's at times like this I do wonder about EU membership. But whilst the EU seems to fail on a social level, it's an excellent trading platform that brings the UK a lot of commerce. I don't want to turn this into a debate about the EU though - I'm just stating that I think the EU will bring a lot of delays to any deportation, and that process won't even begin until he finishes his current prison sentence.

ReputationRep:
    But muh human rights tho!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sick and tired of our nation being ran by a load of spineless liberal chicken necks that could not run a tap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)

Read more here:

Typical story from the express, never get tired of inciting xenophobia.

In response to this article, it is sad this has happened and he has not been deported more clearly needs to be done to deport criminals. This does not mean all immigrants or somalis are rapists, unfortunately you give sick, twisted people from every country.

ReputationRep:
    But they would not be here if they did not come in? Surly that is the point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaPony)
    Sick and tired of our nation being ran by a load of spineless liberal chicken necks that could not run a tap.
    Just because someone is liberal doesn't mean they won't find this disgusting. In this case I do think he should be deported to Africa, as should those Pakistani child rapists we see in the news every other month. I don't want our country turning into America.

However there are more progressive ways to treat such people, such as education or mental health therapy. In my head, if a Christian from Georgia was able to be taught that treating Gays aggressively was wrong, and that it was possible to see change, then such routes should be taken. Punishments could even range to a 'maximum' salary for x months.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.