Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend of 7 months broke up with me in feburary and since it's been really hard to get over him. I finally got out of the crying hysterically phase and managed to find a new group of people to be with instead of his friends. Within a few weeks he already had a girlfriend and it utterly broke my heart, I still can't face the fact that hes with someone else who I'm pretty sure he loves more than he did me already, my new group of friends just arent right for me but I have no one else to turn to. I just want to get over him but I really dont know how to...

ReputationRep:
    Crying about it is totally illogical. Move on and better yourself and things will fall into place.

The Puppet Master

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePuppetMaster)
    Crying about it is totally illogical. Move on and better yourself and things will fall into place.

The Puppet Master
    I'm not exactly a logical person, i cant help the crying to be honest, I just miss him so much, I've tried to move on and I had to end it with the guys because I just can't get past him

ReputationRep:
    "I don't miss him. He shall miss me!" and show him what he's missing

ReputationRep:
    Ive been through this.
    The difficulty is that we personalise everything that happens to us. We think that it is because we did something a certain way that it happened, or that someone behaving this way means that we are inferior.
    I know its hard but you have to make this person not matter. As if they didn't exist.
    Putting your life and happiness and the happiness of the people you meet, your mum & dad, friends, family etc in the hands of one person...that is what you're doing. Never let that happen. You'll be an infinitely stronger person if you manage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SquareBrackets)
    Ive been through this.
    The difficulty is that we personalise everything that happens to us. We think that it is because we did something a certain way that it happened, or that someone behaving this way means that we are inferior.
    I know its hard but you have to make this person not matter. As if they didn't exist.
    Putting your life and happiness and the happiness of the people you meet, your mum & dad, friends, family etc in the hands of one person...that is what you're doing. Never let that happen. You'll be an infinitely stronger person if you manage.
    That actually really helps, really needed a pick-me-up, thank you sweetpea

(Original post by smithy<3)
    My boyfriend of 7 months broke up with me in feburary and since it's been really hard to get over him. I finally got out of the crying hysterically phase and managed to find a new group of people to be with instead of his friends. Within a few weeks he already had a girlfriend and it utterly broke my heart, I still can't face the fact that hes with someone else who I'm pretty sure he loves more than he did me already, my new group of friends just arent right for me but I have no one else to turn to. I just want to get over him but I really dont know how to...
    Talk to family then take a fxck load of MDMA, go out and pull.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been through this.
    This is such good advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithy<3)
    I'm not exactly a logical person, i cant help the crying to be honest, I just miss him so much, I've tried to move on and I had to end it with the guys because I just can't get past him
    yeah but if he doesn't care for you, like your post suggests with him moving on so quickly, than you should definitely not give him the satisfaction or waste your time/energy on the guy. If he doesn't feel the same way, you should disregard him it's the most logical thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been through this.
    basically what I said, this is the correct answer

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.