their image problem of jeremy kyle watchers on benefits

their economic disaster policies

their immigration policies

their hatred of the white English

the idea we are all equal

the idea that every part of Britain must be represented at government level

the war mongering

ReputationRep:
    Labour need to get back to the roots of being the voice of common working people. I don't see them doing that because they sneer at the common white man who drives a van and is self employed bringing home a salary just shy of min-wage.

Labour are now nothing more than a bunch of sell outs without a pot to do their business in.

I feel sorry for the genuine old Labour folks like Dennis Skinner but even he must know that his party will not win the hearts and minds of regular people.

I am afraid Labour will have to be destroyed in order for regular working class people to have their voice heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    their pathetic stance on the EU

pathetic attacks on rich people

their image problem of jeremy kyle watchers on benefits

their economic disaster policies

their immigration policies

their hatred of the white English

the idea we are all equal

the idea that every part of Britain must be represented at government level

the war mongering
    • The EU referendum will end up being useless and costing us growth anyway
    • So you think it's moral non-dom's exist and to take money from the poor but give tax cuts to the rich :rolleyes:
    • Their economic policies were more credible than the tories as the IFS showed.
    • Then the tories immigration problems are just as bad.
    • Unfounded claim of hating the white english
    • What do you mean by the "idea we are all equal"
    • Every part of Britain should be represented that is democracy lol
    • War mongering?? the tories are just as guilty if not even more.
    Yh just the usually murdoch-esque rhetoric that is unfounded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Labour need to get back to the roots of being the voice of common working people. I don't see them doing that because they sneer at the common white man who drives a van and is self employed bringing home a salary just shy of min-wage.

Labour are now nothing more than a bunch of sell outs without a pot to do their business in.

I feel sorry for the genuine old Labour folks like Dennis Skinner but even he must know that his party will not win the hearts and minds of regular people.

I am afraid Labour will have to be destroyed in order for regular working class people to have their voice heard.
    yes

how ?

and with whom ?

how do they need to speak ?

and how they say it, is the most important thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    and my point about their image problem ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    and my point about their image problem ?
    Always associated with labour just the tories are seen as working for the rich and UKIP as racist/bigotted. It's never gonna change.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with a lot of what rod lddle says, but he's pretty much bang on the money here:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeeh...-awful-voters/

It probably needs to line up its most senior figures- Harman in particular and sack them. Make Dan Jarvis leader in 2020 which will probably happen, in the meantime get a duffer like alan johnson to hold the party together.

ReputationRep:
    Reject neoliberal economics. Stick up for the poor, disadvantanged, vulnerable. Redevelop the manufacturing base to the best of its ability. Restore the public sector especially NHS. Defend civil liberties. Pursue peace rather than jingoism and favours for the elite re: foreign policy. Keep the country united.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)

Peter Hitchens has said the same thing about the Conservative party- that they no longer represent true conservative values. Our freedoms are still being eroded (not the removal of the human rights act, but the surveillance of our lives and the Internet).

This is precisely why the Green party and UKIP exist; to replace the established and spiritually dead parties. I'm afraid to say this includes the Liberal Democrats too. Too bad, because the Liberal party and Whigs were actually good. Social Democrats destroyed them ideologically.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.