Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I really want an A in german this year, but my exam didn't go as well as i'd hoped. ( AQA) However i felt like my speaking went fairly well so if for example i got an A on the speaking, but a B (with 1 or 2 marks off an A) on the paper, would it still be possible, UMS wise or raw marks, to get an A overall?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course it's possible.

For example, say you were 2 marks off an A in the exam (let's call that A-2) but got A+5 in the speaking (this would equate to around 48 marks as the speaking boundaries are almost always 43/50 for an A) then you could juuuust get an A - but an A is an A, right?!

Haha, I'm in the exact same situation. I think I've got a B in the exam but hopefully an A in the speaking which can bump it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luna178)
    Yes of course it's possible.

For example, say you were 2 marks off an A in the exam (let's call that A-2) but got A+5 in the speaking (this would equate to around 48 marks as the speaking boundaries are almost always 43/50 for an A) then you could juuuust get an A - but an A is an A, right?!

Haha, I'm in the exact same situation. I think I've got a B in the exam but hopefully an A in the speaking which can bump it up!

Aw thank you for your help! It's so stressful as well waiting till results day to find out how did you find the paper overall? ( i struggled with the musik verb reading question!) I hope you get your A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20Emily1998)
    Aw thank you for your help! It's so stressful as well waiting till results day to find out how did you find the paper overall? ( i struggled with the musik verb reading question!) I hope you get your A
    You're welcome, I hope you get your A too! It definitely is sooo stressful and annoying having to wait 3 months and knowing there's nothing you can do about it.

I found the paper okay, I'm quite good at the listening and reading usually but the music verb one was a pain, I agree! And I'm awful at the essay so hopefully that didn't let me down haha. Which essay did you choose?!

ReputationRep:
    I know same! I hope I haven't lost too many on the listening and reading because the essay is always so hard for me! The topics that came up were the hardest 3 for me, but I went for sport, how about you? I hope my speaking can pull me up, how did you do in your speaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, I hope you get your A too! It definitely is sooo stressful and annoying having to wait 3 months and knowing there's nothing you can do about it.

I found the paper okay, I'm quite good at the listening and reading usually but the music verb one was a pain, I agree! And I'm awful at the essay so hopefully that didn't let me down haha. Which essay did you choose?!

I know same! I hope I haven't lost too many on the listening and reading because the essay is always so hard for me! The topics that came up were the hardest 3 for me, but I went for sport, how about you? I hope my speaking can pull me up, how did you do in your speaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20Emily1998)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha twins! The listening is usually pretty straightforward as you can just write what you hear.
    Ahh that sucks that they were your worst three I was quite lucky because Werbung is my favourite of all 12 subtopics and the question for it was literally an advantages and disadvantages question, so I did that one. But I know that it was definitely not up to scratch, I would've got like 24 max. How was the sport question?

My speaking went quite well actually! My teacher has examined speaking tests before and said that he'd give it around 47 so hopefully the examiner agrees. How was yours?

ReputationRep:
    Haha twins! The listening is usually pretty straightforward as you can just write what you hear.
    Ahh that sucks that they were your worst three I was quite lucky because Werbung is my favourite of all 12 subtopics and the question for it was literally an advantages and disadvantages question, so I did that one. But I know that it was definitely not up to scratch, I would've got like 24 max. How was the sport question?

My speaking went quite well actually! My teacher has examined speaking tests before and said that he'd give it around 47 so hopefully the examiner agrees. How was yours?
    Yes twins!! I know I turned the page over and was like nooo , not these! Ooh you were lucky then I think I probably only got 23 or 24 and j think I lost too many on the reading and listening compared to what I usually lose, but I suppose I'll just have to wait and see now :'( the sport was " why don't people so sport now? What can we do to motivate them do to sport?"

Ooh that's great! My teacher didn't tell me what she'd give me but she just said it went well as I carried on talking throughout
    Fingers crossed for us both!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me in the mocks... so I guess so.

ReputationRep:
    From what I remember:/ guess I think I may have got around 64/65 out for 75 on the listening and reading and possibly 25 on the essay, would this be enough for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.