Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We have found an injured bird in the garden. It is very small, possibly a baby. We think its wing and leg might be injured.

It was right in the middle of a concrete yard... We watched and when we were sure it wasn't going to be 'taken in' by its mother we moved it to a shoe box with a side missing, lined with a towel. We have given it some water and seeds and we have put the box in the shade... It's now in the shed because we get a lot of cats here overnight.

I know it's likely to die whatever we do, but I want it to be as comfortable and not scared as possible in the mean time, and have the best (slim) chance of recovery. I read that keeping it hydrated is good and keeping it in the dark can reduce stress.

Is this the best thing to do? Should we bring it out each day or leave it in the shed all the time? Is there anything better we should be doing?

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Take it to a vets surgery, if you shove it into a box in the shed, it will almost certainly die.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.