english language- B
    english literature - B - maybe an A if im lucky
    Spanish - C/B
    Electronics - C/B
    Further maths - A*/A**

So overall at the end of year 11 ill have the minimum of:
    1A*, 5As, 6Bs and 2Cs

Or.... the maximum of :
    1 A**, 1A*, 7As , 4Bs - thought I highly doubt I'll get higher than a C in spanish (had the exam today and the listening made me want to shoot myself) and electronics (teacher hasn't even gone through half the course yet and the exams on tuesday - rushing some revision on my own ._. - got an A on my coursework though ;D)

A Levels I should be okay, I've already achieved an A at AS maths(c1 c2 & fp1) .. and with doing
    Maths
    Further maths
    Economics
    Computing
    They all have some form of maths.. well.. all of them do. I should hopefully get 4 As at AS and 3 As at A2.. or AAB/ABB

Just another consideration before you comment: I go to a (in my opinion) crappy school that focuses on technology (yet everything in the technology department is complete ****).. the average grade is a C and the average grades at a level are like C C D or something

ReputationRep:
    Spanish Man I know that feeling tbh the first grades you listed are fine but UCL needs at least a C in a language.

Just make sure you do well in A levels and make sure you have a good CV(extra curricular,workn experience),Interview

ReputationRep:
    Those grades are fine. Just make sure you get at least a B/C in maths and english language, as pretty much all units require this. They care much more about A Levels, though it does depend what you want to do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Spanish Man I know that feeling tbh the first grades you listed are fine but UCL needs at least a C in a language.

Just make sure you do well in A levels and make sure you have a good CV(extra curricular,workn experience),Interview
    ;D thank you!, I'm pretty sure I got a C in spanish, I got a C in my speaking, A* in writing(isnt hard tbh because its just words and i had like 6 words with accents lmao), I'm sure I got at least a B in the reading (I didn't realise there were questions on the back side of the back page so I lost 2 easy marks), and the listening I probably got a D tbh... so hopefully I got a C overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*da*m)
    Those grades are fine. Just make sure you get at least a B/C in maths and english language, as pretty much all units require this. They care much more about A Levels, though it does depend what you want to do...
    I'd probably want to do a course with computing and maths - maths or computing on their own are so bland and boring, in my opinion at least ;D

ReputationRep:
    Wow, an A at GCSE maths in year 8, impressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarunH1)
    I'd probably want to do a course with computing and maths - maths or computing on their own are so bland and boring, in my opinion at least ;D
    Fair enough. Yeah like I said your grades will probably be fine, your a level grades and personal statement and recommendations will be more important to the universities, but do bare in mind that all maths courses (well ALL courses really) at London units will be highly competitive because of the high foreign interest.

ReputationRep:
    Those universities do have websites, you know.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, those grades are much better than the requirements. Bath and Imperial generally require Cs in English and maths and UCL also requires a C in a language.

I think you meant AS pure maths rather than AS maths. Self studying AS pure maths in year 10 is pretty good.

Your predicted A-level grades aren't so good though. It depends on which course you apply for but for example the requirement for maths at Bath is A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozibear96)
    Those universities do have websites, you know.
    websites are illegal

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you go to a what sounds like a less well achieving school could not be better for you. The top universities will give you lower offers if you go to a less well achieving school or if you're well above your school's average grades so it's looking pretty good for you. Congrats on already getting As in some of the maths a level modules, that's amazing considering you must have done it in year ten..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarunH1)
    ;D thank you!, I'm pretty sure I got a C in spanish, I got a C in my speaking, A* in writing(isnt hard tbh because its just words and i had like 6 words with accents lmao), I'm sure I got at least a B in the reading (I didn't realise there were questions on the back side of the back page so I lost 2 easy marks), and the listening I probably got a D tbh... so hopefully I got a C overall
    The reading exam... I guessed both 8mark questions

ReputationRep:
    Maybe nit imperial but the other two, definitely

ReputationRep:
    the one about the care home I got the one about relatives wrong ._. ... and in the listening the one about the jobs I put an environmentalist rather than a shop assistant lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*da*m)
    The fact that you go to a what sounds like a less well achieving school could not be better for you. The top universities will give you lower offers if you go to a less well achieving school or if you're well above your school's average grades so it's looking pretty good for you. Congrats on already getting As in some of the maths a level modules, that's amazing considering you must have done it in year ten..?
    I did gcse in year 8 (nov 2012), freestand maths + the foundations of it in april 2013 (year 8), c1 and c2 in year 9 and fp1 and statistics in year 10 ;D

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.