The Student Room Group

Physics gsce help // 4 days people!!!

Hi There!

Backstory

Basically my average grade in Physics is probably an E. Its definitely not my strongest subject, and I take the first physics exam i think Wednesday and i am pooing myself over it.

i have done some revision on the subject maybe 3 or 4 topics on it, i know it is not a lot and i wish i had done more. My Teacher has not done any with us in the past few weeks in class because he doesn't really like us. we are bottom set of the double science and we don't really get along but that's a different story for another day.
The information kind of goes in through one ear and out of the other. i have never really understood any of what i was taught and the teacher's teaching style isn't the greatest. When hands are up to ask a question he will tell us to put them down because "it is his turn". ugh anyways back on track!

I know quite frankly I am screwed. And i know there isn't enough time to fit the whole subject in to my head and revision for my other 4 other exams next week but i just need help!

How do i revise this? how? i'm really stuck and i'm so scared i wont get the grades. if i can pick up marks on this subject it could be the difference between grades! please help me. im so stuck.

p.s I don't want any just "get off the internet and revise" i know, but actually sitting down and revising is easier said than done. i actually have no idea how i should revise the whole subject in 4 days. Thank you to any helpers :-) Good luck with your exams :-)
Reply 1
Do all the past papers with the mark schemes to see the model answer, it really helps !!!
I plan on going over all of unit 2 and 3 tomorrow. It's doable. It's probably going to take you all day but, I guess it's worth it for a good grade. All you need to do is make some good notes on each topic, do past exam papers and make model answers. Physics 2 is, for the most part, equations so make sure you can rearrange them all and that you know all of the units. You'll do fine!
Learn key skills like how to work out and rearrange equations. That's a large chunk of marks on most GCSE physics papers. Then go through past papers and find areas that you're unsure of and revise them. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest