Turn on thread page Beta

What was your first word? watch

ReputationRep:
    i dont know mine

what was yours?

ReputationRep:
    Maw. I found it easier to say than 'mum' and its a Scottish word for mum anyway. Still call my mum, maw to this day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is actually one of my fave very early childhood stories.
    My mom used to take me out during storms so that I wouldn't be afraid later in life. I would catch rain drops in my palm and look at them and she would say 'water' and at some point I looked fascinated at her and showed her my palm and said water.
    So yea, it was water.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Water in my language is a much easier word so I guess that had something to do with it too

ReputationRep:
    Dickwart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    This is actually one of my fave very early childhood stories.
    My mom used to take me out during storms so that I wouldn't be afraid later in life. I would catch rain drops in my palm and look at them and she would say 'water' and at some point I looked fascinated at her and showed her my palm and said water.
    So yea, it was water.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Water in my language is a much easier word so I guess that had something to do with it too
    That's so cute, haha. Whenever their was a thunderstorm I used to beg my parents to let me go outside and watch it (I was aboout 3-4 at them time)

ReputationRep:
    ackoo/cuckoo or something

ReputationRep:
    My first word was monkey.

Apparently I said it while sitting in the back seat of a car and didn't say anything else until a few months later.

ReputationRep:
    Daddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    That's so cute, haha. Whenever their was a thunderstorm I used to beg my parents to let me go outside and watch it (I was aboout 3-4 at them time)
    I would count the seconds between the lightning bolt and the thunder.

Still do it o.o

ReputationRep:
    During the warm summer days my dad used to take me out onto the balcony, holding me in one arm and pointing at all the swallows that were flying around in the sky. It's funny because he's Italian and my mum is British, but he always said "Look, it's a birdie! Say hi to the birdie, sweetie!".
    One day I must have been particularly excited and shouted "birdie!" to the first swallow I saw as soon as we went out onto the balcony I have no clue how I remembered the word, my dad didn't even get the chance to point at them as usual hahaha

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Pussycakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stehay)
    i dont know mine

what was yours?
    RUMP

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    Mom used to call dad "Iubi" which was a cute (and short) way of saying "love" in Romanian.
    According to mom's diary I said that to dad when he grabbed me once.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    According to mom's diary she also found me playing in the barn with manure when I was 2 :ashamed2:. I was apparently making chocolate muffins.

ReputationRep:
    ammar - Bengali for mum

ReputationRep:
    Soproficcircumlocutionarynoctamb ulantperipheralisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntisthenesDogger)
    Soproficcircumlocutionarynoctamb ulantperipheralisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg go away...you got a mention on my TSR profile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Daddy
    Behold the oversexualisation of the young

ReputationRep:
    Papa (according to mum). Obviously French for dad. We had a good thing going WAY back then. :rolleyes:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.