Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So this is one of the exams that I'm pretty anxious about, seeing that there have been so many changes to the spec in terms of content. I'm doing:
    Paper 1: Cold war topics 4-6
    Paper 2: Tsardom to communism, Stalin and the war in Vietnam

Is anyone else doing cold war topic 6? I'm scared for this seeing as there have been so many changes and additions on the end of it (the post cold war stuff on ethnic cleansing in yugoslavia and that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticNeighbour)
    So this is one of the exams that I'm pretty anxious about, seeing that there have been so many changes to the spec in terms of content. I'm doing:

Is anyone else doing cold war topic 6? I'm scared for this seeing as there have been so many changes and additions on the end of it (the post cold war stuff on ethnic cleansing in yugoslavia and that)
    I'm doing Unit 1 topics 3, 4 and 5 and Unit 2 Roaring 20s, Depression and War in Vietnam. Really worried about History!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karimoja)
    I'm doing Unit 1 topics 3, 4 and 5 and Unit 2 Roaring 20s, Depression and War in Vietnam. Really worried about History!!
    Same, but how are you doing 3,4 and 5 from unit 1? You have to do EITHER 1, 2 and 3 OR 4, 5 and 6. You can't do any other combos?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Hitler's Germany, Weimar Germany, Hitler's Foreign Policy, Cold War 1945-1980, and Middle East

ReputationRep:
    Same, but how are you doing 3,4 and 5 from unit 1? You have to do EITHER 1, 2 and 3 OR 4, 5 and 6. You can't do any other combos?
    I think you have to do three consecutive topics so that could be 1 2 3, or 2 3 4, or 3 4 5, or 4 5 6. Thats what ive been taught anyway so those are the questions im going to answer!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me for paper 1: Peacemaking and Treaty of Versailles, Hitlers Foreign Policy, Cold War 1945-55 which topics are predicted to come up in the exam?
    For paper 2: The Roaring Twenties, Hitlers Germany and War in Vietnam, which topics are predicted to come up (most likely)?

ReputationRep:
    For unit 1 topic 5, detente is almost certain to come up as it is new for this year's spec, so the examiners will want to test us on it

ReputationRep:

YES! I'm doing topic 6, pretty nervous about the whole exam tbh Dx it's so hard to get an A/A* I think...

ReputationRep:
    im doing paper 1- peacemaking and the treaty of Versailles, Hitlers foreign policy and crisis of the cold war
    and paper 2- roaring twenties, Hitler Germany, and race relations in America

could you give me some good revision tips since i told have much time left and i need to get A/A*

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.