The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick bus ride 1 hour?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TattyBoJangles
Haha well I suppose that stereotype isn't too far from the truth looking at his housemates..!
& He's absolutely hated every minute of it. But I don't think that's to do with Warwick (doesn't like his subject but stuck with it as he's extremely good at it and didn't know what else to do). He'd have felt the same wherever he went, I feel.

morse, maths or engeneering? the former two ive heard a bit about lol. yeah i dont know how i see warwick in all honesty, time has gone way too fast to judge i feel, time at warwick kind of just like, passes? hmm i think warwicks a bit different in terms of student life. esp coming from london
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by welcometoib
morse, maths or engeneering? the former two ive heard a bit about lol. yeah i dont know how i see warwick in all honesty, time has gone way too fast to judge i feel, time at warwick kind of just like, passes? hmm i think warwicks a bit different in terms of student life. esp coming from london

His housemates are CompSci and he's an STEM student, but a straight science (don't want to narrow it down much more than that, it's a small world :tongue:).

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm at St Andrews which, whilst very different to Warwick, is similar in a number of ways. Just feels like its own little bubble (not necessarily in a good way..) and you lose track of reality a bit.
do you regret never living in leamington? i made the foolish mistake of thinking i would, sigh. more first years need to be educated on it i think, probably the most over-hyped thing about warwick university.

Original post by johnperp
Thanks. Is there a reason why everyone don't choose a nearer location? I can't imagine people choosing to live ~1 hour away and then complaining about how long it takes. If I can't guarantee getting a near location then I'll have to go for bath. I really want Warwick but this has put me off.

Nah, never been a problem for me. I do a lot of not university-related stuff, so the whole bubble thing has never been a problem for me.
Original post by yabbayabba
Definitely overhyped. Canley is the best place to live if you can for ease of travel to campus. Leamington's not all that great. Didn't like living there 2nd year. I'm on campus again this year and it's way easier. I go to leam now and then too so I get a break from the bubble, but wouldn't want to be forced to go back everyday. It's only good for a break and going for re recreation

Posted from TSR Mobile

tocil next year booooom :biggrin: year of leam was WAY more than enough, south is a boring ****hole, north is overpriced. exactly same, its just naive first year pressure that makes us go oh no oh no, need to sign housing contract asap before life ends and we become homeless etc bla bla, stupid.
His housemates are CompSci and he's an STEM student, but a straight science (don't want to narrow it down much more than that, it's a small world :tongue:).

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm at St Andrews which, whilst very different to Warwick, is similar in a number of ways. Just feels like its own little bubble (not necessarily in a good way..) and you lose track of reality a bit.

compsci students are deaddddd, lol. fair doesy, i only know chem students anyway :smile: yeah there isnt really much to do at warwick, what do you guys normally do in cov lol? cosmo?
compsci students are deaddddd, lol. fair doesy, i only know chem students anyway :smile: yeah there isnt really much to do at warwick, what do you guys normally do in cov lol? cosmo?

Generally try avoid going to Coventry to be honest ._. If I drive down to see him we tend to go Stratford / trip to the Cotswolds. Or we'll get the train to Birmingham.
Think we have actually only really been to Coventry to go to the cinema and that ring road was enough to put me off doing that again..!
Generally try avoid going to Coventry to be honest ._. If I drive down to see him we tend to go Stratford / trip to the Cotswolds. Or we'll get the train to Birmingham.
Think we have actually only really been to Coventry to go to the cinema and that ring road was enough to put me off doing that again..!

good idea, lol coventry :biggrin: warwicks good if you know what you want from it going in i think. idk how to explain the ambience around the uni, like i said before, its just odd, warwick time goes past really quickly so i dont know how to give a judgement. im just sitting here in the library bored out of my mind lol.
Original post by johnperp
Hello, I've just read somewhere that second years in Warwick apparently have to take a 1 hour bus ride to get to campus. If this is true it will mean I will definitely not be going there.

Thanks

I live in Coventry and I doubt this is true unless you are living in Warwick or Leamington rather than Coventry as the buses are quite slow. You could try finding accommodation in Coventry with cheaper areas in Canley/ Tile Hill but parts of these are very rough so it isn't always safe. The better areas are Earlsdon and south west Coventry but rent is more expensive here. Transport within the city is usually frequent and takes 20 minutes maximum to reach the city centre but it is £2 a fare.
tocil next year booooom :biggrin: year of leam was WAY more than enough, south is a boring ****hole, north is overpriced. exactly same, its just naive first year pressure that makes us go oh no oh no, need to sign housing contract asap before life ends and we become homeless etc bla bla, stupid.

Tocil's not bad at all :smile: Yeah, North leam is the only good bit of leam and it's soo pricey. But I kind of wished I lived in North leam rather than south leam in 2nd year, it's a nice change to see pretty buildings, which is something Warwick definitely lacks!
Original post by iodo345
I live in Coventry and I doubt this is true unless you are living in Warwick or Leamington rather than Coventry as the buses are quite slow. You could try finding accommodation in Coventry with cheaper areas in Canley/ Tile Hill but parts of these are very rough so it isn't always safe. The better areas are Earlsdon and south west Coventry but rent is more expensive here. Transport within the city is usually frequent and takes 20 minutes maximum to reach the city centre but it is £2 a fare.

The Cannon Park end of Canley is a pretty decent compromise: very close to the university, fairly cheap, and nice and safe (if with a rather higher average age than... really anywhere).
Original post by yabbayabba
Tocil's not bad at all :smile: Yeah, North leam is the only good bit of leam and it's soo pricey. But I kind of wished I lived in North leam rather than south leam in 2nd year, it's a nice change to see pretty buildings, which is something Warwick definitely lacks!

you know thats funny, last week i came back home at night from uni house to leam and when the u1 reached the top of the parade and stopped there for a few mins, i said to a friend ive never realised how nice north leam looks esp at night lol :tongue: south leam is kind of boring houses and a bit lame, so i agree. well talking about pretty buildings, i like how the new illuminati triangles are being put around campus covertly lol

Quick Reply

Latest