The Student Room Group

GCSE English LIT 18/05/15 PREDICTIONS

share ? im clueless on the lit exam ffs :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Most people are saying Arthur Birling and possibly the theme of age, for An Inspector Calls
For Of Mice and Men, I've read around people think it will be Curley/Curley's wife
Hope this helps if you're doing these texts
Original post by Brainy98
Most people are saying Arthur Birling and possibly the theme of age, for An Inspector Calls
For Of Mice and Men, I've read around people think it will be Curley/Curley's wife

What specifically on Arthur Birling,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this igcse Edexcel English lit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm not specifically sure about what it could be on Arthur Birling because there's so much to say, but I think they'll narrow it down to themes concerning him; how he's representative of businessmen at the time/his capitalist views/the older generation, could be anything, sorry.
This is AQA English Lit.
Reply 7
What about section A for Animal Farm, what do you think the questions will be about?

Reply 8

It probably won't be Curley's wife - she's come up before. Could be the fight scene between Lennie and Curley

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
No the fight scene has already come up as well as Curley, so its most likey to be curley's wife or Carlson
Reply 10
Original post by thatawesomekid
It probably won't be Curley's wife - she's come up before. Could be the fight scene between Lennie and Curley

Posted from TSR Mobile

What year did the fight scene come up in do you know?
Also, is it rare for exams boards to repeat a character they asked a question on previously?
Reply 11
Curley came up on May 2012
and it's possible that they reapeat the same characters, however with different questions and ideas. But that is very rare, as there are many other characters and themes not yet been in the exam
I got ma money on the fight scene between Lennie and curley....but obvs goin revise everytin
Guessing is pointless. The odds against guessing correctly are very high, and if you convince yourself you know which ones are coming up and don't bother revising the others, you are screwed. Just spend the time revising instead of speculating. Nobody, not even your teachers, can know this until the packets of exam papers are opened when the exam starts.
Reply 14
We were thinking maybe Carlson could come up as his character represents the workers on the ranch in 1930s.
:pika:
Original post by zedd1690
No the fight scene has already come up as well as Curley, so its most likey to be curley's wife or Carlson

Carlson is very unlikely..AQA will indeed be very harsh to give us him. And what year did Curley come up?
Reply 16
Original post by Aniiforever
Carlson is very unlikely..AQA will indeed be very harsh to give us him. And what year did Curley come up?

Curley has never come up...
I reckon it will be either curley or carlson
Reply 17
Original post by Aniiforever

Curley came up in May 2012 as well as the fight scene, but thats in the edexcel exam board so I'm guessing we're a little different?...
Reply 18
you're all forgetting about candy
All our predictions were wrong, it was curleys wife again with a terrible passage 😒

Quick Reply

Latest