Turn on thread page Beta

How can I respond to this Law summer internship offer? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I'm a first year law student and I have luckily managed to get a summer internship in a large-enough solicitor's practice. Anyway, the whole correspondence has been rather casual and I have been left with this email.

Hi (name)

I hope your exams are going well.

I am just coming back to you re start dates.

How would you like to start on the 8th of June for a period of eight weeks?

Kind regards

(name)

I don't know how to word this in a formal enough manner! I can hardly write back: "Dear..., yes the 8th of June sounds perfect. What time shall I be there at?" or maybe I can.
    Sorry, I get a bit obsessive about this kind of thing, and when I ask for help at home they just tell me I'm neurotic.
    Has anyone got some advice? Or if you could write me a little sample letter that would respond well to this.

ReputationRep:
    Just go with Dear xyz

Thank you for your email, starting from the 8th June for a period of two months sounds good.

Would you recommend me to do anything in preparation before arriving?

Best wishes,

your name.

Arrive at 9 -9.30, you don't need to ask.

No typos/grammar mistakes and you're good to go.

What's your plan if you get asked to send an email to a client..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)

What's your plan if you get asked to send an email to a client..
    Thanks a lot, and to answer that question... Die? A relative barrister helped me get this gig, I'm incapable of doing any job more demanding than flipping burgers tbh.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.