Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm finishing my first year at university and a few weeks ago I decided that I didn't like living away from home and so decided to apply to transfer to a university at home so I could move back in with my parents.
    I'm a bit conflicted with whether I should transfer or not. I have a friendship group here so I'm not completely lonely, but I don't feel that connected to them. I feel like I could go home, never look back and not care much. I don't have many friends on my course, pretty much only one girl who I don't actually like at all.
    However, I really like the course I'm doing here and I don't know if I'm giving up too soon.
    I don't actually have an offer from the other university yet - but I don't know if I should transfer if I do get the offer.

Any advice would be appreciated. Has anyone else felt the same??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you ask the admissions team from your new university if you could sit in on a lecture? Might give you a better idea if the uni and course would suit you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little-j)
    I'm finishing my first year at university and a few weeks ago I decided that I didn't like living away from home and so decided to apply to transfer to a university at home so I could move back in with my parents.
    I'm a bit conflicted with whether I should transfer or not. I have a friendship group here so I'm not completely lonely, but I don't feel that connected to them. I feel like I could go home, never look back and not care much. I don't have many friends on my course, pretty much only one girl who I don't actually like at all.
    However, I really like the course I'm doing here and I don't know if I'm giving up too soon.
    I don't actually have an offer from the other university yet - but I don't know if I should transfer if I do get the offer.

Any advice would be appreciated. Has anyone else felt the same??

Thanks

Hey

I'm in a similar situation to you, and I've toyed with the idea of transferring in second year for the past few months now.
    I've ultimately decided against it because, although I don't feel like things have turned out how I wanted them to, I do have friends and I love the course and the city, and I know I'd be disappointed in myself if I gave up on what I do have here.
    Plus I know if I went home, thing's wouldn't fully be like how they were before I went to uni because some of my friends have went to uni themselves and the rest of them work.
    Ultimately its your decision and you have to do whats going to make you happiest but if you were able to stick it out and things were to improve in second and third year, then you'd feel enormously proud that you did!

ReputationRep:
    A few days ago I got an offer from the university which made me really happy and confirmed that I really want to move back home. Also, the university I want to transfer to is in the top 30 in the world. I've decided that it's a huge opportunity to go to such a highly recognised university. Of course I still need to reach the conditional grades and if I do I will transfer.
    Thanks for the advice!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.