Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone on here practice intermittent fasting? watch

ReputationRep:
    I started intermittent fasting 2-3 months ago and haven't looked back! I'm following the Leangains method of fasting (8 hours of eating and 16 hours fasting) and its getting me the results i'm wanting! It fits in perfectly with my lifestyle also. The 6 small meals method didn't work for me. Getting in all my calories and macros in 2-3 meals wprks way better Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this and if anyone else is using this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just aim for 1000 kcal at lunch and dinner. Shake in the morning. Works for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    I started intermittent fasting 2-3 months ago and haven't looked back! I'm following the Leangains method of fasting (8 hours of eating and 16 hours fasting) and its getting me the results i'm wanting! It fits in perfectly with my lifestyle also. The 6 small meals method didn't work for me. Getting in all my calories and macros in 2-3 meals wprks way better Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this and if anyone else is using this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm following the 16:8 protocol at the moment. Haven't really stuck to it recently due to exams, as I don't want to do an exam on an empty rumbling stomch.

It isn't too hard to stick to, and gets good results. Do you like to train fasted, or do you wait until between meals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    I'm following the 16:8 protocol at the moment. Haven't really stuck to it recently due to exams, as I don't want to do an exam on an empty rumbling stomch.

It isn't too hard to stick to, and gets good results. Do you like to train fasted, or do you wait until between meals?
    I prefer to train fasted. Gets me going to the gym when its empty in a morning as well (only full of elderly gents). Afternoon trying to get a bench is like stepping into a WWE Royal Rumble (the squat rack is surprisingly always available though haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sort of but I'm really lazy with diet. Have a protein shake pre- and post-workout and otherwise just leave eating to as late ad possible. Usually lunch between 2 and 4 and dinner around 9.

I like **** food far too much to take my diet seriously though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are the advantages of doing this as opposed to eating 'normally'. I've heard Pl do this but I don't really understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    What are the advantages of doing this as opposed to eating 'normally'. I've heard Pl do this but I don't really understand
    you get to eat larger more satisfying meals, which makes cutting easier for a lot of people, that's basically it (I do IF myself)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    I understand your metabolism speeds up slightly when you fast, supposedly fat loss is also prioritised over muscle but idk how true that is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    you get to eat larger more satisfying meals, which makes cutting easier for a lot of people, that's basically it (I do IF myself)
    (Original post by Implication)
    I understand your metabolism speeds up slightly when you fast, supposedly fat loss is also prioritised over muscle but idk how true that is

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't know that - sounds quite interesting !

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.