The Student Room Group

Does my boyfriend still care about his ex?

We was talking and he said, he was checking his ex facebook to see if she's okay like doing well in life but she blocked him, so he checked her twitter.

I told him, do you still miss his ex and he said no. I said, okay. Deep down inside, I feel like he's missing his ex. He said he's over her and everything but I don't know.

Should I overreact?

So guys, do you still wonder if your exes are doing okay by checking their facebook or any social media?
Original post by icup12
We was talking and he said, he was checking his ex facebook to see if she's okay like doing well in life but she blocked him, so he checked her twitter.

I told him, do you still miss his ex and he said no. I said, okay. Deep down inside, I feel like he's missing his ex. He said he's over her and everything but I don't know.

Should I overreact?

So guys, do you still wonder if your exes are doing okay by checking their facebook or any social media?

I would say its normal, I have been in my current relationship for a year and a half and the odd now and again would have a cheeky look at my ex but only in early stages of me and my current boyfriend getting together, but it depends is it just a one off did something bring her back up? maybe you should just tell him it made you a little uncomfortable, im sure he would understand if he over reacts he is most likely still has feeling for her he will probably become quite defensive
Reply 2
Your ex was a part of your life at on point, you dont just stop caring for someone.. dont worry about it. I still care for my ex because before anything we were friends, so i care for him as a friend.
I think you have nothing to worry about. From how you described it, it does not seem as if he's going out of his way to directly message her but rather just having a quick oversee to how her life is going. You should be more worried if that was the case. After going out with someone for a long time, you may be over them but you still may wish to see how they're doing in life because you know them and you know a lot about them and although you may not be with anymore it doesn't mean that you don't care about them as people/a friend. If it continues, you should calmly bring up your feelings and definitely try not to overreact as that could make the situation 1000x worse.
Course you would care for your ex, the degree to which depending on how the breakup went. If your relationship ended with your current partner - I assume you think you would still care about them. It's when you act on it things become a little... precarious?
Why is he so desperate? She blocked him on fb yet he went to check her twitter. That's hardly going to help him to get over her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending