Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen anyone else make an OCR S2 thread but the exam is coming up soon! How's everyone feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, feeling ok about it, hoping nothing too surprising comes up! how you feeling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HGS)
    Hiya, feeling ok about it, hoping nothing too surprising comes up! how you feeling?
    Hi! I can safely say that I am feeling much more confident about this than I did for M2! Hoping that the q on hypo testing errors is nice this year :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Ergh. LVI and I've just finished my AS's today. I hate stats, can't wait for mechanics next year.

ReputationRep:
    I actually felt quite optimistic about m2, but in s2 in a couple of the past papers there are questions that completely threw me (eg jan 12 q9iii) :///

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how do you think it went?? I found question 8 really hard

ReputationRep:
    Fun wasn't it!! second part of 8 was disgusting

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was OK except for the last parts of the last two questions. I finished quickly so I spent a lot of time on those.

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3324125&page=6

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows how to do q8? Please show me Even after exam, I still can't find a sensible way to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisephung)
    Anyone knows how to do q8? Please show me Even after exam, I still can't find a sensible way to do it
    I think I got it right. Not sure though. Ok, so, its equally likely to take p=0.7 p=0.5 p=0.3. It is a type 2 error if you accept a false, so you have to work out the probability that it is 0.7, and the probability that you accept h0. So, you use two binomials, one binomial has 14, 0.7 and the other has 14,0.5. You then work out the probablility that both are less than 7 (accept h0). Then you must work out the probability of it being 0.7 or 0.5. So, the probability of it being 0.7 and accepting h0 is 1/3*the binomial calculation with 0.7 above, and the probability of it being 0.5 and accepting h0 is 1/3*the binomial calculation with 0.5 above. Add them up and that is the probability of a type 2 error, then you put that probability in a binomial with 4, because 4 tests, and you work out the probability that you get a type 2 error more than 1 time. I got 0.635 or something like that. Definitely started with a 0.6

ReputationRep:
    Q.8 part (ii) was horrible! But, apart from that, I thought it was a good paper!

ReputationRep:
    I got 0.654.. ._.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say is worth focusing on the next exams than worrying about the ones you can change tbh x

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.