Turn on thread page Beta

It's been 18 months and I can't get over my ex. watch

ReputationRep:
    I left my partner last year in January due to on going arguments and disagreements. Afew hours later I felt incredibly guilty. This break up was the 2nd break up as we tried to make it work but it didn't. Anyway, I thought it was normal to feel like that and tried my best not to think about him. For the last 18months there hasn't been one day when I haven't thought about him and recently he's occupied my mind 24/7. I can't get over him I want him back so bad but I know it'll be our third shot at the relationship and if it fails again I'll die. I don't know if anyone has experienced this but I get severe heartache every time I think about him, I've tried dating and keeping myself busy to stop thinking about him but it never works. I miss him uncontrollably I want to call him but don't have the courage. Is this a sign that I should try again with him or do I stay well away?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I don't have any advice - I'm less than two months into my breakup and I feel a lot of the things you're describing. I dread to think that it won't have gone away after 18 months :-/

Sorry - just commenting to follow in case anyone does post something useful that might help me too. But whatever happens, you're not the only one going through it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KittyPaws)
    I left my partner last year in January due to on going arguments and disagreements. Afew hours later I felt incredibly guilty. This break up was the 2nd break up as we tried to make it work but it didn't. Anyway, I thought it was normal to feel like that and tried my best not to think about him. For the last 18months there hasn't been one day when I haven't thought about him and recently he's occupied my mind 24/7. I can't get over him I want him back so bad but I know it'll be our third shot at the relationship and if it fails again I'll die. I don't know if anyone has experienced this but I get severe heartache every time I think about him, I've tried dating and keeping myself busy to stop thinking about him but it never works. I miss him uncontrollably I want to call him but don't have the courage. Is this a sign that I should try again with him or do I stay well away?!

This is not healthy for you long term, I mean 18 months is almost two years if you haven't gotten over your ex yet you need to get onto that saddle and ride it properly otherwise everything will just go balls up.

Call him, and tell him you want another chance, if you tried dating other men and it never worked then it times you return with your ex as he seems to the only one that is compatible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.