Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hes the man that i always wished for and is a great guy. We have been dating for five months and I just feel like something is missing and I am not 100% happy. I dont know what to do. I have told him and he pretty much just goes over it and dosent have much to say. This is my third relationship and i cant remember feeling like this in my other relationships, but i was also younger and didnt understand as much as i do now.

ReputationRep:
    Time to put him back where he belongs...friendzone.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean 100% happy? How can anyone be 100% happy with their SO? Do you mean that there are certain flaws in him that you're not happy with? Or that you feel as though you shouldn't be with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    What do you mean 100% happy? How can anyone be 100% happy with their SO? Do you mean that there are certain flaws in him that you're not happy with? Or that you feel as though you shouldn't be with him?
    Yea sometimes i question if i should be with him or not. He can be mean at times and dosent express how he feels. We fight over dumb things to often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliana1234)
    Yea sometimes i question if i should be with him or not. He can be mean at times and dosent express how he feels. We fight over dumb things to often.
    Ok, I see now. It sounds more like there's an issue with communication. He holds back or retreats and you grow frustrated because nothing is getting resolved...?

ReputationRep:
    He will never express how he feels , and i get very emotional because i feel like i am poring out my heart and he has nothing to say to me. Everything makes me mad that he does and i have never been like that in my other relationships, it only happens with him and my dad also

ReputationRep:
    You're just not attracted to him.

(Original post by SuckMeBeautiful)
    Time to put him back where he belongs...friendzone.
    lmao
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He will never express how he feels , and i get very emotional because i feel like i am poring out my heart and he has nothing to say to me. Everything makes me mad that he does and i have never been like that in my other relationships, it only happens with him and my dad also
    Oh no, don't compare your boyfriend with your dad, it's weird.

But in all seriousness, I think it was mentioned before but communication is key. Unless you can resolve that issue things are only going to get worse and things could turn ugly.

You say that you love him but yet you've only been with him for 5 months, there's a chance that you could just be clinging onto those feelings that were felt during the honeymoon period and it may scare you that those feelings are beginning to change.

My advice would be to have a long chat with him where you can both put your points across and develop a rapport and maybe go back to a stage in the relationship when you both felt it was working best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Oh no, don't compare your boyfriend with your dad, it's weird.

But in all seriousness, I think it was mentioned before but communication is key. Unless you can resolve that issue things are only going to get worse and things could turn ugly.

You say that you love him but yet you've only been with him for 5 months, there's a chance that you could just be clinging onto those feelings that were felt during the honeymoon period and it may scare you that those feelings are beginning to change.

My advice would be to have a long chat with him where you can both put your points across and develop a rapport and maybe go back to a stage in the relationship when you both felt it was working best.
    i ment like my dad makes me angry also about the littlest things.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i ment like my dad makes me angry also
    Oh yeah I got that. Sometimes my girl compares me to her dad and it's just the most cringeworthy thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Oh yeah I got that. Sometimes my girl compares me to her dad and it's just the most cringeworthy thing ever.
    I can see what you mean lol Pretty ****ing creepy! But I think it could be that he's an important male figure in her life, much like her father.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.