The Student Room Group

How common is it to get fired from a job during training

I need help I just got fired or "let go"from a job just after one weeks training
Now I think it was unfair ad,the whole point of training is to.learn how to do.the job but they can't fire u just after one weeks training as they say I not coping or cannot grasp their system but how can u after one week if training
Now I have no.job and need to apply for others
Were they right in firing me without giving me a chance as had one more week left of training before actual job started
The whole point of training is to teach u then once on live system are how u perform.then If not then fire u if need be
Think the whole thing was unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile
depends what the job is

I worked in telesales for example and it was common to fire people during the training/trial period as it often became clear they weren't suited to the job/fitting in with the office - it was a high turn over job with no experience required so there was no point investing lots of time in someone who wasn't going to be around for long, if you couldn't get the hang of it fast you were out
Original post by doodle_333
depends what the job is

I worked in telesales for example and it was common to fire people during the training/trial period as it often became clear they weren't suited to the job/fitting in with the office - it was a high turn over job with no experience required so there was no point investing lots of time in someone who wasn't going to be around for long, if you couldn't get the hang of it fast you were out

This ^

Although as you say, the training period is there to teach you how to do the job (obviously) if during that process it was clear you weren't going to pick it up, they're within their rights to let you go.

Other things can also lead to this happening - I was a manager in a call centre and once let someone go in the middle of the induction because he looked like he was half asleep throughout and then was incredibly rude to one of his would be coworkers.

Quick Reply