Turn on thread page Beta

Can you get fired from your job during training watch

ReputationRep:
    I need help I just got fired or "let go"from a job just after one weeks training
    Now I think it was unfair ad,the whole point of training is to.learn how to do.the job but they can't fire u just after one weeks training as they say I not coping or cannot grasp their system but how can u after one week if training
    Now I have no.job and need to apply for others
    Were they right in firing me without giving me a chance as had one more week left of training before actual job started
    The whole point of training is to teach u then once on live system are how u perform.then If not then fire u if need be
    Think the whole thing was unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They probably have a system where after 1 week you should be at a certain point with a basic understanding in their system, if you haven't managed to grasp it it's pushed back their training programme so now they won't feel comfortable letting you live on the system in a weeks time.
    Yes the point of training is to learn but if you're meant to be left to your own devices in a week and you don't understand the system now then they don't know how long it'll take to sort you out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    They probably have a system where after 1 week you should be at a certain point with a basic understanding in their system, if you haven't managed to grasp it it's pushed back their training programme so now they won't feel comfortable letting you live on the system in a weeks time.
    Yes the point of training is to learn but if you're meant to be left to your own devices in a week and you don't understand the system now then they don't know how long it'll take to sort you out
    yeah i get that as that was explained to me however is it rare or common to be fired just after 1 weeks training as we were taught the basics and week 2 was more to come as end of the week i just beginning to learn and getting to grips with their systems i think the whole thing was unfair as been to other training in other jobs and they never fire people just after 1 week as they explained to us that they will give us plenty of help and such but i was learning and focusing and getting to grips with their system think it was unfair or right to fire me as only after 1 week is unfair plus cant really learn everything under one week as i was getting to understand how things work

now am having to apply for other work now sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmckinnin56)
    yeah i get that as that was explained to me however is it rare or common to be fired just after 1 weeks training as we were taught the basics and week 2 was more to come as end of the week i just beginning to learn and getting to grips with their systems i think the whole thing was unfair as been to other training in other jobs and they never fire people just after 1 week as they explained to us that they will give us plenty of help and such but i was learning and focusing and getting to grips with their system think it was unfair or right to fire me as only after 1 week is unfair plus cant really learn everything under one week as i was getting to understand how things work

now am having to apply for other work now sucks
    It won't be rare unfortunately. I would expect most organisations would give a little more time, but if they can prove you are not just getting the processes required for the job and have given you an opportunity to change/improve, they will be in their right to let you go, even if it doesn't seem right.

Just make sure you get paid your notice period!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    It won't be rare unfortunately. I would expect most organisations would give a little more time, but if they can prove you are not just getting the processes required for the job and have given you an opportunity to change/improve, they will be in their right to let you go, even if it doesn't seem right.

Just make sure you get paid your notice period!

Posted from TSR Mobile

how often or not does this happen as i was just getting to grips with their system and i had only 1 week left of learning plus i was focusing and concentrating and all that but wasnt right as been to many training stints at firms and never once got told off or being let go middle of training now am having to apply for more jobs which sucks as its hard to get them
    how come they can fire you during training seem unfair like firing apprentice during training or at school i mean they have the right to give u help
    i was told that we were given or going to get as much help as we need and plenty of support so why they let me go is beyond me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmckinnin56)
    how often or not does this happen as i was just getting to grips with their system and i had only 1 week left of learning plus i was focusing and concentrating and all that but wasnt right as been to many training stints at firms and never once got told off or being let go middle of training now am having to apply for more jobs which sucks as its hard to get them
    how come they can fire you during training seem unfair like firing apprentice during training or at school i mean they have the right to give u help
    i was told that we were given or going to get as much help as we need and plenty of support so why they let me go is beyond me
    It's hard to say how often it happens. Different companies will have different policies/approaches. But it will and does happen - you won't be unique in this situation.

Unfortunately proving unfair dismissal is very difficult given your lack of service (you need 2 or more years to be able to pursue this is most instances).

I'm not saying this approach by an employer is morally right, but it is likely to be legally above board.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.