The Student Room Group

Muslim British Male Teen AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhisperingTide
If I recall, those are unworthy simply die, they aren't tortured. They get oblivion, not pain.

You're thinking of Christianity.

And even then, there are many interpretations of both Christianity and Islam in-which everyone goes to heaven eventually, hell is just a cosmic 'rehab' clinic.

ROFL! There are numerous verses in the quran which detail the sadistic torture allah will inflict on the disbelievers in jahannam.
Original post by riamila

Also, what do you think about LGBT+ people?

Can you actually answer this please :tongue:
Would you commit a haram sin, like eating bacon while performing intercourse with a man, for £2B ??
Original post by m-hussain
There are punishments....you can avoid them if u choose to do so....

Posted from TSR Mobile

By worshipping the vile sadistic creature who invented them? LOL, no thanks :teehee:

Can you answer my questions from earlier in the thread? About Muslim men being allowed to hit their disobedient wives and so on?
Why are you getting upset over something you dont believe in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is something you will have to get used to.
In these corners there are some whose only job is to whine, whinge and turn that into a form of debate and discussion.
Oh sorry....emmmm lgbt....well i believe its a sin and not natural like some say

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, so you think I should be tortured for who I am, lovely.
What do you think should happen to ex-Muslims? Should they be punished?
Original post by Al-farhan
These things essentially are all made of h2o at the end of the day whether in ice liquid..etc.

But god human spirit they are not even of the same constituent, so this god is not a single god of the same nature but a divided god.

Also as a Christian themselves explains:
The Trinity is like water. This is a modalistic illustration. Ice, steam, and liquid are examples of the same nature which at one time or another has a particular mode of existence. Sometimes it is liquid, sometimes it is ice, and sometimes it is steam. God is not sometimes Son, sometimes Father, and sometimes Spirit. He is eternally each, always at the same time.

So the water model is not the answer.

Obviously water is not the perfect analogy, but it highlights that it is not incomprehensible, that something as everyday as water, exists in three different states. That said, water can and does exist exist simultaneously in all three states when at the what is referred to as the "triple point" of water. Or one can look at the "Wave–particle duality", where light can exist both as a wave and a particle.

So the concept of two different forms existing at once is not at odds with our understanding of the universe at a quantum level. It would seem to me personally that the denial of the Trinity being "theoretically possible" is normally based upon one having an agenda as opposed to a valid reasoning. For example, from my experience, Jehovah Witnesses will completely deny the idea that a Trinitarian God is theoretically possible. If a God is omnipotent, I don't see why not.

The only objections one can reasonably make is that either an omnipotent God could not exist as it is logically absurd, or that God is bound by certain laws of nature which prevent him from doing so (and thus he is not omnipotent and also the question arises as to who created the laws).
Reply 68
I believe in Mary (to be a virgin) who gave birth to Jesus the prophet....as it says in the quran.....but the Quran says clearly that god does not beget nor was he begotten....(sorry for the spelling nt sure ig those were right)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, you even say the quran states that Mary was a VIRGIN who gave BIRTH to Jesus. But how can a virgin give birth?

The reason is because Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit (Father, son and Holy Spirit). Jesus being born of a virgin meant that he was sinless.

God bless
Below is a link for a video where an Artist saw various parts hell and drew pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXkBBIaiVc
Why are you getting upset over something you dont believe in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Al-farhan
It is something you will have to get used to.
In these corners there are some whose only job is to whine, whinge and turn that into a form of debate and discussion.

So, if there was a religion that believed your prophet was the devil and that all his followers will get sent to hell and be tortured for eternity, would you not be offended by it? What if this preached on religious buildings and on TV, published in books, taught in schools etc... Obviously you don't believe in that religion, so you wouldn't be offended or get upset?

Why do people get upset about story lines in films that aren't real and that they don't believe to be real? The fact is that people can't still be emotionally moved by things they don't believe in.

Now, what counts as offensive is obviously subjective. What offends one person wont offend another person.
Original post by Achaea
ROFL! There are numerous verses in the quran which detail the sadistic torture allah will inflict on the disbelievers in jahannam.

Such as...?
Original post by CPBA1
Exactly, you even say the quran states that Mary was a VIRGIN who gave BIRTH to Jesus. But how can a virgin give birth?

The reason is because Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit (Father, son and Holy Spirit). Jesus being born of a virgin meant that he was sinless.

God bless
Below is a link for a video where an Artist saw various parts hell and drew pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXkBBIaiVc

Fun fact: Virgin births are actually possible and have happened.
Original post by The Epicurean
So, if there was a religion that believed your prophet was the devil and that all his followers will get sent to hell and be tortured for eternity, would you not be offended by it? What if this preached on religious buildings and on TV, published in books, taught in schools etc... Obviously you don't believe in that religion, so you wouldn't be offended or get upset?

Upset and offended, not really. It's a fake religion, doesn't really matter to me.

I'd get the urge to debate them and stuff, but not really much else.
Such as...?

Because obviously you couldn't possibly google it yourself...:rolleyes:

Here are a handful. There are absolutely loads more.

http://quran.com/4/56 Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

http://quran.com/6/70 And leave those who take their religion as amusement and diversion and whom the worldly life has deluded. But remind with the Qur'an, lest a soul be given up to destruction for what it earned; it will have other than Allah no protector and no intercessor. And if it should offer every compensation, it would not be taken from it. Those are the ones who are given to destruction for what they have earned. For them will be a drink of scalding water and a painful punishment because they used to disbelieve.

http://quran.com/17/97-98 And whoever Allah guides - he is the [rightly] guided; and whoever He sends astray - you will never find for them protectors besides Him, and We will gather them on the Day of Resurrection [fallen] on their faces - blind, dumb and deaf. Their refuge is Hell; every time it subsides We increase them in blazing fire.
That is their recompense because they disbelieved in Our verses and said, "When we are bones and crumbled particles, will we [truly] be resurrected [in] a new creation?"

http://quran.com/18/29 That is their recompense because they disbelieved in Our verses and said, "When we are bones and crumbled particles, will we [truly] be resurrected [in] a new creation?"
Original post by Achaea
Because obviously you couldn't possibly google it yourself...:rolleyes:

Here are a handful. There are absolutely loads more.

http://quran.com/4/56 Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

http://quran.com/6/70 And leave those who take their religion as amusement and diversion and whom the worldly life has deluded. But remind with the Qur'an, lest a soul be given up to destruction for what it earned; it will have other than Allah no protector and no intercessor. And if it should offer every compensation, it would not be taken from it. Those are the ones who are given to destruction for what they have earned. For them will be a drink of scalding water and a painful punishment because they used to disbelieve.

http://quran.com/17/97-98 And whoever Allah guides - he is the [rightly] guided; and whoever He sends astray - you will never find for them protectors besides Him, and We will gather them on the Day of Resurrection [fallen] on their faces - blind, dumb and deaf. Their refuge is Hell; every time it subsides We increase them in blazing fire.
That is their recompense because they disbelieved in Our verses and said, "When we are bones and crumbled particles, will we [truly] be resurrected [in] a new creation?"

http://quran.com/18/29 That is their recompense because they disbelieved in Our verses and said, "When we are bones and crumbled particles, will we [truly] be resurrected [in] a new creation?"

I could, but that would require reading, which inturn requires effort. :wink:

Well, that's messed up .
Please be nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you discriminated against
Reply 76
Original post by democracyforum
are you discriminated against

Huh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I could, but that would require reading, which inturn requires effort. :wink:

Well, that's messed up .

Indeed, but don't forget, according to the thread starter this is entirely just and reasonable and merciful and exactly what we deserve!
Original post by The Epicurean

No I wouldn't get offended.
absolutely not.
The key being:
you don't believe in that religion.

Christianity believes we are going to eternally be burned in hell. Do I get riled up, moany? sound like a whiny little child? No
I actually try to understand what is their view exactly, why? how?..etc
Original post by IdeasForLife
Upset and offended, not really. It's a fake religion, doesn't really matter to me.

I'd get the urge to debate them and stuff, but not really much else.

Exactly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending