Turn on thread page Beta

I was at this guys house I really like him, but my body language was so off. I couldn't sit comfortably, he tried to put his arm around me and I was sat there stiff. He looked over then decided to kiss me, I kissed him back and randomly said something in reference to the film we were watching. He wasn't impressed and said it annoys him when I talk after we kiss,I do it when I'm nervous.so shortly after he grabs my chin for another kiss, it was such a weird angle for me, so it didn't happen.

Then at the end of the night we usually hug, then kiss. This time around he gave me half a hug and he didn't take off his glasses which he does when we are about to kiss. I joked and asked if he was friendzoning me, he laughed and gave me a better hug and I got out the car and went into my house.I'm not sure if he was tired or what, it was like 3am by this time.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Literally three days ago I was all over him (no alcohol involved incase anyone thinks this). There was just a point where I thought **** it and we shared the most passionate kiss ever. He was really shocked that I had jumped him like that. I expected to feel a lot more comfortable after this, but nope I've taken two steps back argh.

I texted him to say ' let me know when you get in ' this was over 4 hours ago and he didn't reply back. He was supposed to be going to his friends house to watch a game afterwards.so I know he was fully awake for a few hours.

How can I rectify this? I know I can't force myself to be comfortable, I'm actually so confused as to why it was so hard for me to relax last night.

ReputationRep:
    you weren't ready. that's all

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    you weren't ready. that's all
    How can I go from jumping him to barely touching him in a few days?

ReputationRep:
    or maybe it's his fault for expecting anything after a kiss. surely it all comes naturally, experience or not.

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    or maybe it's his fault for expecting anything after a kiss. surely it all comes naturally, experience or not.
    Yeah I get what you mean. Some of the time I don't feel like its one of those moments, I like to kiss naturally. Like if we doing something, we look deep into each others and it just happens.

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How can I go from jumping him to barely touching him in a few days?
    I think that's quite a natural reaction honestly.

I'm 20 now and, as stupid as it sounds, I still feel really awkward after I show affection. I could go on a date with someone, kiss them or more and the next time I see them, I just feel incredibly awkward about it all. I like to think it's a natural reaction, but maybe it only happens to a few people. My level of comfortableness is basically zig-zag and then straightens out after a while. So don't feel bad about that man, it happens to the best of us.

My advice? I would honestly just text him a shorter version of your original post. Explain to him that you don't know why you were awkward and you hope he doesn't get the wrong impression (if you're sure he likes you, and it sounds like he does). If you don't want to do that, then I would be forward and arrange the next date yourself and just simply power through. It's the only advice I have for you that works for me; after I show awkwardness after intimacy, the only thing that removes the awkwardness is either me joking about it (sounds like you tried that) or forcing myself out my comfort zone.

It's probably not much help but I have complete sympathy for you haha, been in your shoes too many times to count!

(Original post by MichaelB6)
    I think that's quite a natural reaction honestly.

I'm 20 now and, as stupid as it sounds, I still feel really awkward after I show affection. I could go on a date with someone, kiss them or more and the next time I see them, I just feel incredibly awkward about it all. I like to think it's a natural reaction, but maybe it only happens to a few people. My level of comfortableness is basically zig-zag and then straightens out after a while. So don't feel bad about that man, it happens to the best of us.

My advice? I would honestly just text him a shorter version of your original post. Explain to him that you don't know why you were awkward and you hope he doesn't get the wrong impression (if you're sure he likes you, and it sounds like he does). If you don't want to do that, then I would be forward and arrange the next date yourself and just simply power through. It's the only advice I have for you that works for me; after I show awkwardness after intimacy, the only thing that removes the awkwardness is either me joking about it (sounds like you tried that) or forcing myself out my comfort zone.

It's probably not much help but I have complete sympathy for you haha, been in your shoes too many times to count!

No this was what I needed to hear! Thank you so much, I thought it was just me. I Found it so weird how I was able to be all touchy feely one day, then the next I was ready to run. I felt like the progress I had made went out the window.

I've already explained my awkwardness to him before. About a month ago he said he felt he was the one to always initated kisses,.he thought that if I really wanted to kiss him I would. I explained that we needed to spend more time together and I'd improve and shortly after I did. So hopefully he can understand my actions and see that I am really trying. I've had to force myself out my comfort zone so many times... Thanks for understanding. He texted me back a couple hours later to say he left his phone in his car . I was kinda hoping he would suggest the next date, but I think you're right and I should do this. So I've seen him twice last week how long should I wait before arranging the next date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No this was what I needed to hear! Thank you so much, I thought it was just me. I Found it so weird how I was able to be all touchy feely one day, then the next I was ready to run. I felt like the progress I had made went out the window.

I've already explained my awkwardness to him before. About a month ago he said he felt he was the one to always initated kisses,.he thought that if I really wanted to kiss him I would. I explained that we needed to spend more time together and I'd improve and shortly after I did. So hopefully he can understand my actions and see that I am really trying. I've had to force myself out my comfort zone so many times... Thanks for understanding. He texted me back a couple hours later to say he left his phone in his car . I was kinda hoping he would suggest the next date, but I think you're right and I should do this. So I've seen him twice last week how long should I wait before arranging the next date?
    Heh, since he already knows your situation then maybe you should jokingly remind him? I find humour the best way to difuse situations haha, if I was you I would just be like 'so you know how I told you I was an awkward person? Came out in force the other night didn't it?!', and just casually weave into the conversation when you're next free. There's no real time limits or constraints if you're both interested, so maybe arrange something for this week?

(Original post by MichaelB6)
    Heh, since he already knows your situation then maybe you should jokingly remind him? I find humour the best way to difuse situations haha, if I was you I would just be like 'so you know how I told you I was an awkward person? Came out in force the other night didn't it?!', and just casually weave into the conversation when you're next free. There's no real time limits or constraints if you're both interested, so maybe arrange something for this week?

Lol sounds like something I'd typically say anyway. OK thanks, I'll see how it goes the next time we talk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.