Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have an interview for the course. I was wondering if there is anyone who can give me any tips for the interview. like the written, what are the questions like?

ReputationRep:
    Hi @Sarahbea, I also have an interview. What date do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    This thread was quiet old I had my interview the in May to start the course this past September. I managed to get on
    If you need to know anything let me know though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahbea)
    Hi,
    This thread was quiet old I had my interview the in May to start the course this past September. I managed to get on
    If you need to know anything let me know though.
    Hi! Thank you, I didn't realise how old the post was when I commented. Congrats on getting onto the course, are you on the 5-11 programme?

I have applied for both 3-7 and 5-11, but am leaning towards the 3-7. My interview is tomorrow and I just wondered if you had any last minute tips about the interview itself?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Just be confident, they are really nice.

I'm not sure if they have planned the same type of interview.

But with the tests (if you are told you are having them) It was the tests which worried me the most. the maths was fairly easy, the English caught me out. because when they gave us the material to pre read, I though it would just be a comprehension essay like answer, but they asked gramma kinda questions. So if there was a difficult word they asked for a definition, or for another word which would mean the same. Or to write something differently.
    So just go through the material and make sure for everything you don't understand you look up, and figure out a way to rewrite it.

If you are having to go to a school for an afternoon to read a story. Make sure you use your voice well, and ask questions to see what kids think will happen next, or get kids views - like' do you think that was a nice thing'
    And ask what the kids think of the story once you have finished the story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahbea)
    Just be confident, they are really nice.

I'm not sure if they have planned the same type of interview.

But with the tests (if you are told you are having them) It was the tests which worried me the most. the maths was fairly easy, the English caught me out. because when they gave us the material to pre read, I though it would just be a comprehension essay like answer, but they asked gramma kinda questions. So if there was a difficult word they asked for a definition, or for another word which would mean the same. Or to write something differently.
    So just go through the material and make sure for everything you don't understand you look up, and figure out a way to rewrite it.

If you are having to go to a school for an afternoon to read a story. Make sure you use your voice well, and ask questions to see what kids think will happen next, or get kids views - like' do you think that was a nice thing'
    And ask what the kids think of the story once you have finished the story

Thank you, knowing that the Uni is nice really helps to settle my nerves. I don't think I've ever wanted something so bad in my life!

I've had to revise like crazy for the maths test, but hopefully it'll go okay tomorrow. The English test doesn't bother me as much, but that's only because I've always been more of an English person than a maths one, all the way back to school! I'm fine with the classroom tasks and reading the story as I work as a TA already (currently doing my TA qualification before hopefully getting onto a PGCE for next Sept), it's just the unknown interview questions that is scaring me slightly. So maths and interview questions are the biggies for me!

Do you know how many places were available on your course? I have no idea about the 2016 PGCEs.

Thanks again for your help

ReputationRep:
    Hey ✋ just wondering did you get a place on the primary 5-11 PGCE at Hull? x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Yes I did are you on the course too?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have been offered a place 😊 really pleased but also have an interview for school direct on 8th January so if I'm lucky there too I have a big decision to make 😆 did you accept 3-7 or 5-11? When was your interview mine was only on Thursday just gone. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Five26)
    Hi I have been offered a place 😊 really pleased but also have an interview for school direct on 8th January so if I'm lucky there too I have a big decision to make 😆 did you accept 3-7 or 5-11? When was your interview mine was only on Thursday just gone. X
    Congratulations, and best of luck for the 8th! I got offered a place on both programmes but accepted 5-11 my interview was 2nd Dec so a while back now, I couldn't believe it when I had their decision on the same day!

ReputationRep:
    Yes really quick reply 😊 I am so happy knowing my dream is becoming reality. Do you work in school at the moment? I work in a secondary so thought that may go against me as I plan to return to secondary in a few years to teach low ability unless I actually fall in love with primary which I think I will 😂. My name is Fiona btw, it will be nice having someone to say hello to on that first daunting day... have you received a reading list yet? Really hope I get one so I can get my bf to buy me books for Xmas... sounds boring but they can be so expensive 😁 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Five26)
    Yes really quick reply 😊 I am so happy knowing my dream is becoming reality. Do you work in school at the moment? I work in a secondary so thought that may go against me as I plan to return to secondary in a few years to teach low ability unless I actually fall in love with primary which I think I will 😂. My name is Fiona btw, it will be nice having someone to say hello to on that first daunting day... have you received a reading list yet? Really hope I get one so I can get my bf to buy me books for Xmas... sounds boring but they can be so expensive 😁 x
    They are terribly expensive, but I'm afraid we don't get them til Spring! Do you have a birthday around then perhaps? :P

If you have a FB it'd be nice to chat on there! I'll inbox you my name

I'm currently working in a local primary school, I've been quite lucky with it as I'm not qualified! I'm doing a teaching assistant course at the mo which requires a placement in school, and it'll finish in June so I'll have a bit of a break then I'll be studying again in the September! really excited to start.

I'll send you that message now

ReputationRep:
    Hey I just found this discussion group I have also been offered a place on the 5-11 PGCE course I am pretty excited but also nervous, which I am hoping is pretty normal

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Nice to meet you, and congrats on your offer! We have an FB group for 2016 applications/offers if you'd like to join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/509451765898927/

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks and I will do

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.