Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm not sure if this is the right topic, but currently I'm studying sociology and pedagogy and I'm wondering if there's a possibility to get a job in the UK. I'm from Croatia and it'll be very hard to get a job here so... Just wondering is there any difference in the situation here and there Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bijonca)
    Hey I'm not sure if this is the right topic, but currently I'm studying sociology and pedagogy and I'm wondering if there's a possibility to get a job in the UK. I'm from Croatia and it'll be very hard to get a job here so... Just wondering is there any difference in the situation here and there Thanks a lot!
    As an EU student you'd be just as eligible as an English person. Also, if you know Croatian, which I'm assuming you do, and any other languages, then given the diverse nature of classrooms up and down the UK, that is only going to work in your favour when it comes to applying for jobs. A lot of schools are really struggling to get teachers with the required language skills in to support students. Others cannot afford teaching assistants to support students due to funding cuts.

If you want to study a PGCE, also bear in mind the entry requirements: If you have earned all your degrees in Croatia, you might be requested to pass GCSE equivalency tests for some of the subjects. You will also be asked to prove your english language proficiency, usually through TOELF or IELTS, and those do not substitute from the usual english and maths-QTS tests.

If you were asking whether you can teach in the UK straight away: yes, you can work as an unqualified teacher and in private schools who would like to hire you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bijonca)
    this forum is for students wanting to train to be teachers- is that what you meant?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.