Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am through to the next round of Clifford Chance open day interviews and for this stage I have a video interview which I take from my home on webcam.

I will be getting two questions in the interview. My question here is, has anyone taken this interview? If so, what questions came up?

Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I was at the same stage as you but unfortunately I think it went horrendously. I just took it this evening. Did you take yours yet?

ReputationRep:
    Who knows.

I imagine you might not get anyone telling you on here - I would totally imagine that you can get some hints at what they might ask from reading the material on their site as to what they are looking for - check out what it is that CC tend to think differentiates them from other law firms - they might ask you something that allows you to demonstrate how you are that person.

google 'Clifford Chance + 'what we look for' or 'our values' or 'what makes us different' -

Just prepare some basic stuff - tell us about a law thing that interested you lately, tell us about when you worked in a team, tell us you know, what sort of animal you would be and why, describe yourself in three words and why

You will do yourself a lot of favours by doing this - sort out your video background - do not have something inappropriate in the background; do not let your cat or flat mate wander in when you are doing it. Look at the CAMERA and not at the MONITOR. if you do this, I can pretty much guarantee that you will stand out as most candidates will watch themselves. Dress smart and smile before you answer. You can even say hello! The video will be watched by a person. last tip; time the answer so you are not cut off - look like someone and sound like someone basically, with something about them - someone who might be someone useful in the future - someone you might want to meet.

It hardly seems likely they will ask you anything difficult;

ReputationRep:
    Also, just to let you know - the response frame is really short, so you need to be really concise!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who applied heard a yes or a no either way after the video interview? Just wondering when we'll find out - hate waiting for news and I'm sure everyone else is the same haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I was just wondering if you had any information regarding the video interview questions. Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Same as above! I have a video interview pending, does anyone have any tips and advice?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to find out if anyone has done the CC video interview? I have to do it today and would really appreciate any advice/hints/tips or an insight into what the questions are. Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    what questions did they ask you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniGradHopeful)
    Hey! I was at the same stage as you but unfortunately I think it went horrendously. I just took it this evening. Did you take yours yet?
    hey what questions did you get asked?

ReputationRep:
    Even though no one else wants to share. I wish you guys the best of luck. You get two questions. 60 seconds to prepare and 60 seconds to answer and you have a countdown. First question was regarding what you think you'll gain from the open day and how you would prepare. Second question was what element of your uni/extracurricular/work experience have you enjoyed and why. Hope these questions help you guys smash it! Mine went awful

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if their open days are competitive to get on to?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.