Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've been applying for Masters programmes related to Eco-tourism these days. Leeds Beckett is the first one replied me and gave me an unconditional offer, and I need to pay 50 % of the tuition fee within 2 weeks to guarantee my place. I'm not really sure if I should decide so quickly or keep waiting for the replies of other universities.( I also applied for King's college, Surrey, Glasgow, Brighton, etc.)

Actually, I'm an international student so I don't really know about the reputation of each university except the ranking that I can find online. Leeds Beckett isn't ranked that well....the tuition fee is the lowest among all the universities I applied though. So now I'm struggling if I should take this offer.

Has anyone studied there and can tell me how do you find studying in Leeds Beckett?(Not necessary studying the same programme as mine.) Or could you tell me what do people think about this university in general? Any ideas will be highly appreciated as I don't know anyone in the UK to ask, thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole3149)
    Hi,
    I've been applying for Masters programmes related to Eco-tourism these days. Leeds Beckett is the first one replied me and gave me an unconditional offer, and I need to pay 50 % of the tuition fee within 2 weeks to guarantee my place. I'm not really sure if I should decide so quickly or keep waiting for the replies of other universities.( I also applied for King's college, Surrey, Glasgow, Brighton, etc.)

Actually, I'm an international student so I don't really know about the reputation of each university except the ranking that I can find online. Leeds Beckett isn't ranked that well....the tuition fee is the lowest among all the universities I applied though. So now I'm struggling if I should take this offer.

Has anyone studied there and can tell me how do you find studying in Leeds Beckett?(Not necessary studying the same programme as mine.) Or could you tell me what do people think about this university in general? Any ideas will be highly appreciated as I don't know anyone in the UK to ask, thank you so much!
    the other unis are better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole3149)
    Hi,

In all honesty it isn't highly regarded in this country at all, your other choices, Kings, Surrey & Glasgow especially are much more highly regarded.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.