Turn on thread page Beta

My crush is leaving the country in two weeks. What now? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think I might be falling for my male roommate. We've been living in an apartment for about three months with two other roommates, a guy and a girl, but they both work full-time. Since I'm a student and he's working parttime with mostly night shifts, we spend a lot of time together. We frequently have super long conversations about everything; Future, past, hopes, dreams, fears, family, friends etc, except for our love lives. That is something we've not discussed and I'm not sure why. Okay, a little over a week ago we went to this festival together where we were supposed to meet some other friends. Before we left I thought that we were going as friends, but throughout the meeting it started to feel more like a date. We ended up not meeting the other friends, he was super nice and agreed with just about everything I said (which he normally never does), he was very touchy-feely and he hasn't been further away from me than maybe 1ft throughout the whole event (we were there for about 7 hours or so). Other than that, he also paid for my food, opened every door for me (including the car door), drove me there and made sure that he lead me through the crowd.
    Even though this seemed like a date to me, nothing much has changed since we got back home. Other than the occasional accidental hand brushing and standing a little closer than necessary while taking, he hasn't made any moves. However, I started to see him in a different light ever since and I just don't know what to do with this now.
    So, I'm wondering whether he likes me or still thinks of me as a friend? Should I pursue my crush on him and make a move myself? Or just let it slide?
    The thing is that he's 28, while I'm 20. We don't have the same nationality. Oh and he's going back to his home country in two weeks. Permanently. And on to of that we're currently still flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    Use your tears as lube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymo_)
    I think I might be falling for my male roommate. We've been living in an apartment for about three months with two other roommates, a guy and a girl, but they both work full-time. Since I'm a student and he's working parttime with mostly night shifts, we spend a lot of time together. We frequently have super long conversations about everything; Future, past, hopes, dreams, fears, family, friends etc, except for our love lives. That is something we've not discussed and I'm not sure why. Okay, a little over a week ago we went to this festival together where we were supposed to meet some other friends. Before we left I thought that we were going as friends, but throughout the meeting it started to feel more like a date. We ended up not meeting the other friends, he was super nice and agreed with just about everything I said (which he normally never does), he was very touchy-feely and he hasn't been further away from me than maybe 1ft throughout the whole event (we were there for about 7 hours or so). Other than that, he also paid for my food, opened every door for me (including the car door), drove me there and made sure that he lead me through the crowd.
    Even though this seemed like a date to me, nothing much has changed since we got back home. Other than the occasional accidental hand brushing and standing a little closer than necessary while taking, he hasn't made any moves. However, I started to see him in a different light ever since and I just don't know what to do with this now.
    So, I'm wondering whether he likes me or still thinks of me as a friend? Should I pursue my crush on him and make a move myself? Or just let it slide?
    The thing is that he's 28, while I'm 20. We don't have the same nationality. Oh and he's going back to his home country in two weeks. Permanently. And on to of that we're currently still flatmates.
    Well which country is he moving back to? Is it easy to get to? Why's he moving back? How long are you still studying for? If the answers to those seem like ones which might lend itself to a long distance relationship working out, then go for it - make a move. I doubt he isn't into you, but if he's not he's leaving soon anyway.

Even if it might not work out in the long-term, you've probably got a strong lust game going right now. Might be best if you can act on it while he's still here (casual stuff has to be your bag though).

(Original post by Dinaa)
    Use your tears as lube.
    HAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymo_)
    Wow your post is so romantic....I'm a guy and it seems obvious that the way he treated you was because he likes you. Hes leaving so I say just go for it, tell him how you feel. Im 19 and when I was 17 I had a quite similar situation but I was really shy. The best moment of my life was when she slowly came closer to me and let her feelings out and told me she loves me. Though we aren't together now, the year I spent with her was a year I'll always remember. Heed my advice and tell him how you feel and best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.