froa98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
After months of being indecisive I've decided I want to do Politics and International Studies for my undergrad degree, in a few years.
If you're wondering why I know what course I (roughly) want to do at uni before my a levels its because I want to make sure I have the right courses to get into uni.

What A Levels would you advise taking?

English Lit
Economics
History
Politics

or

English Lit
Biology
History
Chemistry

Even though science isn't related, would it be good to have a mix of arts and sciences? I don't want to limit myself too much, I would do Maths but I don't think i'd enjoy it at a level.

Any other combinations? or suggestions?
Thank you!
Neuth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by froa98)
After months of being indecisive I've decided I want to do Politics and International Studies for my undergrad degree, in a few years.
If you're wondering why I know what course I (roughly) want to do at uni before my a levels its because I want to make sure I have the right courses to get into uni.

What A Levels would you advise taking?

English Lit
Economics
History
Politics

or

English Lit
Biology
History
Chemistry

Even though science isn't related, would it be good to have a mix of arts and sciences? I don't want to limit myself too much, I would do Maths but I don't think i'd enjoy it at a level.

Any other combinations? or suggestions?
Thank you!
I would guess the first option as those subjects are probably more relevant, but the second is definitely the best (I may be a little biased as I take Biology, Chemistry and Eng Lit myself though :giggle:).

Which subjects would you prefer?
froa98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Neuth)
I would guess the first option as those subjects are probably more relevant, but the second is definitely the best (I may be a little biased as I take Biology, Chemistry and Eng Lit myself though :giggle:).

Which subjects would you prefer?
I don't really have a preference to any subjects! I would happily go with either option. I do take comfort in the fact that if I take the 2nd option, however I have many more options.

What's your favourite out of the subjects you take?
Neuth
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by froa98)
I don't really have a preference to any subjects! I would happily go with either option. I do take comfort in the fact that if I take the 2nd option, however I have many more options.

What's your favourite out of the subjects you take?
Chemistry
(Maths is my 4th option, incase you were wondering).

Having contrasting subjects is good, I think :yep:
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do Eng lit, chem, history and politics

so it's a mix of both

But I like the second option best, at least with biology you have the option of going onto a science based path (a subject I regret not doing).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.18%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.67%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.96%
I need help with my personal statement (57)
40.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.53%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.09%

Watched Threads