Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how much time should 1 spend on each of the questions

ReputationRep:
    for section one (the novel section) you are supposed to spend 22 minutes on each question (there are two) then for the second section spend 45 minutes. If you are doing higher or foundation i think they are both the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student10001)
    for section one (the novel section) you are supposed to spend 22 minutes on each question (there are two) then for the second section spend 45 minutes. If you are doing higher or foundation i think they are both the same.
    you're only meant to pick one of the two questions for section a

ReputationRep:
    Section A is "modern prose/drama" and for each drama you have two questions, but you only answer one of them.

Section B is "exploring cultures" and this includes e.g Of Mice and Men. Each novel has two questions, one about the passage given, and another related to the rest of the novel which is based on context.

Both sections have 30 marks plus 4 for SPaG.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i got 32/40 in my CA. Can i still get a/a*???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasconnor)
    i got 32/40 in my CA. Can i still get a/a*???????????
    yes, its only 25% but the exam will be 75%, but to get an A* you need to get A* in both your exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiyongtoki)
    yes, its only 25% but the exam will be 75%, but to get an A* you need to get A* in both your exams
    Is it hard to get a* in both??

ReputationRep:
    If you revise a lot then its possible, make notes for every character and theme in both the texts you're doing and do as many practice papers as you can find, which texts are you doing?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 16, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.