Emtaylor34
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Has anyone got any good points for a token economy evaluation? My teacher isn't even a psychology teacher so hasn't given us much about it!
r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
-it is easy to administer so unlike other therapies were only certain professions can do it token economy can be carried out by pretty much anyone
- it is also cheap to administer as training isn't needed
- it can help improve staff prisoner relationship as the prisoner would be showing the desired behaviour to receive the token
-Hobbs and holt found that token economy was successful in reducing recidivism

-however it is difficult to generalise to the outside world as tokens are usually not given immediately meaning over time the person may stop producing the behaviour
- some people may only be producing the desired behaviour to receive the token and not because they actually want to produce the behaviour
- it doesn't understand the underlying cause of why the person offends in the first place and only focuses on trying to stop it
- there are ethical issues as it is wrong to take away a persons basic human rights just so they produce a certain behaviour.

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emtaylor34
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ahh thank you so much, such a good help!
r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Emtaylor34)
Ahh thank you so much, such a good help!
You're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (252)
57.01%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.99%

Watched Threads