Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

This September I'm starting a PhD in Media Arts and Technology (MAT) at Queen Mary. I'm very excited, but haven't been provided much information from the university since receiving my offer. I have two questions in particular:

1) Since we are meant to have an internship in the second half of our first year, what do most people do about accommodation? You can't have college accommodation because of this, right? Are most people's internships in London?

2) Do we get provided with computers/laptops? My current one is five years old and falling apart, I was about to get a new one, but then someone said that we might get provided with them. Is this true? How good are they, do they do the job?

Thanks for any help you can give! Would be excited to hear from anyone who is starting this year too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrypeterfrog)
    Hi everyone!

This September I'm starting a PhD in Media Arts and Technology (MAT) at Queen Mary. I'm very excited, but haven't been provided much information from the university since receiving my offer. I have two questions in particular:

1) Since we are meant to have an internship in the second half of our first year, what do most people do about accommodation? You can't have college accommodation because of this, right? Are most people's internships in London?

2) Do we get provided with computers/laptops? My current one is five years old and falling apart, I was about to get a new one, but then someone said that we might get provided with them. Is this true? How good are they, do they do the job?

Thanks for any help you can give! Would be excited to hear from anyone who is starting this year too
    Get in touch with the department who runs your course, they'll tell you everything you need to know.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.