Turn on thread page Beta

do we deem the lifes of certain people more important than others? watch

ReputationRep:
    e.g white ppl> black ppl (mainly america thou), western ppl > Arabs, Israelis >Palestinians
    discuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the north)
    discuss
    Don't tell me what to do

ReputationRep:
    I think so too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I think so too
    Of course you do. You really need to stop with the victim complex, it's not like you're in pakistan or syria being bombed just because you live there. You live a privileged rich area of London so stop complaining.

To OP what you're talking about is more about region than actual race, in my mind every life is the same value but obviously everyone thinks certain people are worth more to them because they like them more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Of course you do. You really need to stop with the victim complex, it's not like you're in pakistan or syria being bombed just because you live there. You live a privileged rich area of London so stop complaining.

To OP what you're talking about is more about region than actual race, in my mind every life is the same value but obviously everyone thinks certain people are worth more to them because they like them more.
    Jesus Christ,why are you in my mentions?

ReputationRep:
    all men are created equal but some are created more equal than others

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ,why are you in my mentions?
    I don't follow

ReputationRep:
    I don't follow
    I told you stop speaking about ethnic minorities as if to say you know them well or what happens in these communities. You're a privileged white boy

Most of us do, at least subconsciously. I think it's a natural prejudice. :dontknow:

Where did that come from? :mute: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Most people elevate the needs of their family and friends above those of strangers.

ReputationRep:
    All those inequalities hold true.

Simply because in all the cases you have mentioned, the more important group is on average wealthier.

And as we all know, wealthier people are always more important.

ReputationRep:
    I told you stop speaking about ethnic minorities as if to say you know them well or what happens in these communities. You're a privileged white boy
    And you're a privileged white girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Oh you don't know that every post "she" makes is about how she's so racially discriminated against and that all white people are racist?

ReputationRep:
    Oh you don't know that every post "she" makes is about how she's so racially discriminated against and that all white people are racist?
    Where did I mention I was racially discriminated against and that white people are all racist? I thought I was white too? Get your facts straight or I will do it for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Most of us do, at least subconsciously. I think it's a natural prejudice. :dontknow:

He has something against ethnic minorities being marginalised

ReputationRep:

i doesn't matter if its race or region. i would undertand say as a british you would deem the life of your country folk more important ,of course. but there are cases were region has nothing to do with how we important we deem the life of certain people .
    africans with ebola < westerners with ebola
    western victims of isis >western victims of cartels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xin Xang)
    All those inequalities hold true.

Simply because in all the cases you have mentioned, the more important group is on average wealthier.

And as we all know, wealthier people are always more important.
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the north)
    e.g white ppl> black ppl (mainly america thou), western ppl > Arabs, Israelis >Palestinians
    discuss
    Is this news? Of course the lives of some people are more important than others. Always has been, always will be. Go back to your left wing bubble.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the lives of some people are more important than others based on them, not their ethnicity or religion.

For example, I would consider your average joe more important than a serial killer.

ReputationRep:
    Family > Friends > Everyone else

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.