Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    About how many days/weeks is university enrolment day after GCE A level results day? Is the registration process just like that of sixth form enrolment day; you fill up an application form with your details, you show/discuss your results, you have your photo taken, you get your ID...etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raymat)
    About how many days/weeks is university enrolment day after GCE A level results day? Is the registration process just like that of sixth form enrolment day; you fill up an application form with your details, you show/discuss your results, you have your photo taken, you get your ID...etc?
    Every uni can do it differently, but yep, you have it about right. It's usually during Induction Week (or your uni's equivalent) which is a week before teaching starts. So sometime in mid or late September, depending on your term dates.

At my undergrad uni, all the freshers had both an email and letter, telling them when to turn up for enrollment, where to report and what to bring (for me it was the offer letter, proof of identity and my exam certificates). We had our photo taken and were issued with a Student ID Card and a Welcome Pack if it hadn't arrived by post or email already (that gave details of the Induction Week activities). All the freshers were given the same date/time/place fir enrollment, so there was a lot of queuing and milling about chatting.

We didn't get to speak to a member of staff at that point, but we were allocated a Personal Tutor during Induction Week and had a half hour one-to-one meeting with them before the start of teaching.

ReputationRep:
    It depends from uni from uni so here is what happened at mine i rocked up on Sunday with my results went in to the common room I was then given my keys and a welcome pack unpacked then mum and dad left and I went in to the kitchen met my flat mates and then we went on the welcome night event. the next morning we went to uni for a safety talk (well ok we got lost) then we went to our coarse introduction and that was just a Hi welcome to the course trust exercise get to know people oh by the way you have a math test tomorrow (i am really bad at math). I thought oh no a test to see if we can do the course as it happen there was no problem it was just to see where you were. So i did the test spent most of the day dosing off as I had nothing to do then i went out that night (oh yeah i also went out on the Monday) so Wednesday rolled around that morning we had a Library and facility tour (not fun when you are hung over) and then we got our student card that night we had the freshers bar crawl always fun. Thursday we also went out and then Friday we went out that weekend we chilled out there were also things like the Fresher fair and the sports fair ect and that was fun so yeah lots of things going on the next week was good too more event's as it was still freshers fortnight and thats when we had our introductory lectures so lot's of things do do lots of fun good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raymat)
    university enrolment is so different to collage it starts on Monday you get a tour of the uni and your specific lecture rooms along with the computer rooms you then get a load of talks about the course structure (including a talk about cheating) Tuesday you get your campus card and even more talks and a whole load of forms to fill in you'll also get a math test at some point the whole week is like that with a bit of fun stuff thrown in (Freshers fair and things) you'll be told when you need to enrol and where to go you'll probably get guided to where after you get your campus card (it takes a week because of how many students they need to process my old school had 2000 students so they basically have to process a whole school in a week and more in bigger university. it's basically a whirlwind but it's not all that hard it's fun especially if you live out.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.