Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm not entirely sure under which thread this should go under, as it concerns both uni and a-levels, but i'm just gonna stick it in here and hope i'm not too wrong

okay, so i'm in year 13 currently, about to go on study leave next week, and i'm absolutely crapping it for my results day
    last year, i didn't do too greatly in my exams - got a U in art (i'm good at art, but i was too stressed to get any of my work done properly), a D in philosophy and ethics, and a C in english lit

and this year i'm like 70% certain i'm going to fail p&e miserably

but the uni i've put as my top choice was 280 UCAS points
    and i really don't know if i'm going to achieve that

i've got an epq to add into my points total, and i think i did pretty well on that, because my topic was interesting, and i got a buttload of resources and my writing is (surprisingly) quite fluent when it's for school things, so hopefully that'll help? but i'm terrified lmao
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, remember that we are all really nervous and your never alone.
    I'm kind of in a similar situation with you... I need BBB/BBC and last year i barely put any effort in so i had to resit 3/7 exams and have 10 exams in total...
    Thankfully this has been my most improved year of my life. I'v grown as a person and love for my subject i want to study next year, that motivated me more.
    Try and find that love for that degree and think, "just one month... one more month". I'm excited for my A2 exams now and im excited for result day, I'v never been so ready for certain exams in my life. Take a deep breath and look outside, the world has no limits. Show these exams that you will knock them over (pass ) and carry on to do great things in life!! Just believe and try. With your EPQ (i was going to do one but i couldn't deal with the work load of it all) i'm sure that'll help. Spend your time in school revising. I dont have lunch most of the time as im in the library revising and working.

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified too. I put in so much effort and I know all the knowledge(well, pretty much) but my exams just don't do me justice. I've done 3/6 so far? does anyone have any tips to help me get what I deserve?

I've been managing my stress levels really well and I generally feel fairly focused and motivated. I feel like I won't be getting into university at this rate but I need it so bad.

HELP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luftmensch)
    i'm not entirely sure under which thread this should go under, as it concerns both uni and a-levels, but i'm just gonna stick it in here and hope i'm not too wrong

okay, so i'm in year 13 currently, about to go on study leave next week, and i'm absolutely crapping it for my results day
    last year, i didn't do too greatly in my exams - got a U in art (i'm good at art, but i was too stressed to get any of my work done properly), a D in philosophy and ethics, and a C in english lit

and this year i'm like 70% certain i'm going to fail p&e miserably

but the uni i've put as my top choice was 280 UCAS points
    and i really don't know if i'm going to achieve that

i've got an epq to add into my points total, and i think i did pretty well on that, because my topic was interesting, and i got a buttload of resources and my writing is (surprisingly) quite fluent when it's for school things, so hopefully that'll help? but i'm terrified lmao
    All i would say you can do now is put in 100% effort to boost those grades. It is possible to get the 280 UCAS points but you will have to work really hard in your exams. I don't do any of those subjects so I can't help with the knowledge but look at your specifications and make sure you stay focused and manage your time in exams..

If its too late and you don't get the 280, there is always clearing :]

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.