Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I turn 17 in June, and i have been accepted Into Uws.

I have heard, being under 18 and living in the halls, is difficult, and you feel left out with the freshers and that?

What is the best thing to do? Should I go full time.for a year and apply again for 2016 or should I go and cope with not having ID, HELP!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    so let me get this straight. You would put a whole university on hold for one whole year, just for one week that you wont even enjoy????? wow, clearly its not brains that got you into uni

ReputationRep:
    You're putting alcohol above your education? Take a step back and think about what is more important.

ReputationRep:
    I have put friends infront of university.
    I have no friends..I have lost them all, I left school in 4th year and entered College to do HNC Computer science.
    I have no female friends and have never fit in. SInce it's an all male class.
    I just don't want to go and feel left out for another 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EchoCat39)
    You're putting alcohol above your education? Take a step back and think about what is more important.
    Life is **** without friends..peoplw to talk to and go out with

ReputationRep:
    Freshers and pubs aren't the be-all and end-all of your social life. It'd be stupid to put your education on hold for a year just because you would be excluded from such a small aspect of it. Plus, people throw parties and drink in halls too, y' know - I'm sure a flatmate would be happy to help you out if you gave them the money. Two of my flatmates were underaged for part of the year and they were rarely excluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Freshers and pubs aren't the be-all and end-wall of your social life. It'd be stupid to put your education on hold for a year just because you would be excluded from such a small aspect of it. Plus, people throw parties and drink in halls too, y' know - I'm sure a flatmate would be happy to help you out if you gave them the money. Two of my flatmates were underaged for part of the year and they were rarely excluded.
    Thank you, just scared I'm left out again, I have always been left out..and I can always get fake id if needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EchoCat39)
    Genuinely not sure what the correct answer is

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.