Turn on thread page Beta

Shall we all have a Delightful Sing-Song? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just acapella, no instruments other than the voice. Who cares if you can't sing, just try. Singing is fun. The voice is the best instrument.

Any sort of choon, be it up-beat or somber. Let's have an afternoon sing-song!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Y8PaX65AGc

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Just acapella, no instruments other than the voice. Who cares if you can't sing, just try. Singing is fun. The voice is the best instrument.

Any sort of choon, be it up-beat or somber. Let's have an afternoon sing-song!

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Y8PaX65AGc
    wow you should give the x factor a go
    Plus great song choice by the way can't believe I'm not the only one under 50 that's into CCR

ReputationRep:
    Piano > Voice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    wow you should give the x factor a go
    Plus great song choice by the way can't believe I'm not the only one under 50 that's into CCR
    Thank you

I'm not sure I'm that good though and honestly, I don't think I'de be able to handle the nerves of singing on the X factor anyway

Haha, that's a fair point about CCR, but I do tend to have quite an eclectic and historical taste in music, so yeah, certainly not normal there. I keep hearing that song everywhere though on TV series and movies and video games... That's how I found out about them.

(Original post by EatAndRevise)
    Piano > Voice
    :eek:

Heresy! Can you play piano?

Thank you

I'm not sure I'm that good though and honestly, I don't think I'de be able to handle the nerves of singing on the X factor anyway

Haha, that's a fair point about CCR, but I do tend to have quite an eclectic and historical taste in music, so yeah, certainly not normal there. I keep hearing that song everywhere though on TV series and movies and video games... That's how I found out about them.

:eek:

Heresy! Can you play piano?

You'll never know if you never try
    Its my dad's fault I know old music. He has loads of vinyl records lying around the house. And he's always playing them so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

Highly camp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    :lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

Highly camp.
    Hahahaha. I remember when I started to live-stream for the first time the consensus was that I had a camp Yorkshire accent. Were you referring to my voice or the tone of this thread in general? Or both?

ReputationRep:
    You'll never know if you never try
    Its my dad's fault I know old music. He has loads of vinyl records lying around the house. And he's always playing them so yeah.
    Well, I really couldn't bear going on it and totally failing tbh, that would be waaay too embarrassing.

Aww that would be awesome. My dad just plays generic synth-saturated rubbish from the late 80s ceaselessly. It's pretty lame tbh. And the only modern music he likes is indie rock which is again... sooo generic.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha. I remember when I started to live-stream for the first time the consensus was that I had a camp Yorkshire accent. Were you referring to my voice or the tone of this thread in general? Or both?
    Your voice it's very cabaret :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Your voice it's very cabaret :laugh:
    Well it's just play-song. Nothing serious. Wouldn't want to sound too monotone considering it's acapella and solo!

I want other people to contribute with play-song too though. Then we can all sing one another tunes... Wouldn't that be a delight?

ReputationRep:
    Well it's just play-song. Nothing serious. Wouldn't want to sound too monotone considering it's acapella and solo!

I want other people to contribute with play-song too though. Then we can all sing one another tunes... Wouldn't that be a delight?
    Yeah it would be quite nice but I think everyone's a little shy plus maybe the camp silly sing song voice wasn't the best choice. This is a nice idea in general though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it would be quite nice but I think everyone's a little shy plus maybe the camp silly sing song voice wasn't the best choice. This is a nice idea in general though
    Oh, so that's how it is. This is what TSR has come to?

Singing Taylor Swift songs mindlessly with no heart?

I was just feeling in the mood to sing like that... I didn't really think it through.

Maybe I should try again but instead growl along to a nice death metal choon.

Well, I really couldn't bear going on it and totally failing tbh, that would be waaay too embarrassing.

Aww that would be awesome. My dad just plays generic synth-saturated rubbish from the late 80s ceaselessly. It's pretty lame tbh. And the only modern music he likes is indie rock which is again... sooo generic.
    Haha okay. Judging by your taste in music I doubt you'd enjoy it anyway. Unless you're willing to sell your soul to Simon Cowell and join a boy band

Yeah its pretty cool. My mom thinks he's odd though she too prefers the late 80's crap.

Hey don't diss indie rock some of it is actually pretty good But I guess it's getting a bit overhyped nowadays though
    which other 60's bands do you listen to? Other than ccr obviously

ReputationRep:
    Haha okay. Judging by your taste in music I doubt you'd enjoy it anyway. Unless you're willing to sell your soul to Simon Cowell and join a boy band

Yeah its pretty cool. My mom thinks he's odd though she too prefers the late 80's crap.

Hey don't diss indie rock some of it is actually pretty good But I guess it's getting a bit overhyped nowadays though
    which other 60's bands do you listen to? Other than ccr obviously
    Ugh didn't get a notification that you replied...Indie rock is good, it's just really boring. They're not mutually exclusive; I may bounce my leg to an indie-rock song but I'de never fall of my seat in amazement, bounce around in ecstasy, sit mouth-ajar in utter mesmerisation or anything like that... Indie-rock's never made me cry :|I dunno which bands are specifically from the 60's tbh. I only heard of ccr through media not through music research around that area. I generally prefer music even older than that (old lounge and jazz) or post-90s.

Ugh didn't get a notification that you replied...Indie rock is good, it's just really boring. They're not mutually exclusive; I may bounce my leg to an indie-rock song but I'de never fall of my seat in amazement, bounce around in ecstasy, sit mouth-ajar in utter mesmerisation or anything like that... Indie-rock's never made me cry :|I dunno which bands are specifically from the 60's tbh. I only heard of ccr through media not through music research around that area. I generally prefer music even older than that (old lounge and jazz) or post-90s.
    Oh haha I though it was because you were angry I derailed your thread (sorry about that by the way)

Really? That sounds so cool. I only recently got into jazz but only jazz made in my country. Any recommendations?

I wish I could change your mind about indie rock but what I find beautiful might not be beautiful to you. I could recommend some of my favourites though if you'd like.
    I'm mostly into 90's grunge, classic rock (50's 60's 70's) and indie music from before the 2000's with some bits of metal here and there. And also lots of weird old music in languages I don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    I want to sing a song :blah:

Ngl op's voice cracked me up

ReputationRep:
    Yes to my hot mix my recital was epic and darude sandstorm is my favourite

ReputationRep:
    Who is singing?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh haha I though it was because you were angry I derailed your thread (sorry about that by the way)

Really? That sounds so cool. I only recently got into jazz but only jazz made in my country. Any recommendations?

I wish I could change your mind about indie rock but what I find beautiful might not be beautiful to you. I could recommend some of my favourites though if you'd like.
    I'm mostly into 90's grunge, classic rock (50's 60's 70's) and indie music from before the 2000's with some bits of metal here and there. And also lots of weird old music in languages I don't understand.
    I only just got the notification for this right now!!!! Damn TSR

Try this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVdm...21dBOgyCyYX6na

Aww your music taste doesn't sound very applicable to mine to be fair. Classic rock = boring rock for the most part. I mean, it's the same as indie rock to me. It's like Nickelback :giggle: <-- Ok, maybe that was unfair. I can listen to them once every month or so but it's just not... well, my last comment summed up my thoughts on indie rock rather well!

I also said, rather infamously on a youtube compilation video of Nirvana's greatest hits that Nirvana are terribly overrated and Kurt has a horrible voice XD

I did find this though, so strange, but it sounds good, it's 'art rock' apparently - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G6zlhw-cdk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luvinit)
    I want to sing a song :blah:

Ngl op's voice cracked me up
    Excellent. As long as you got positive feels

(Original post by BCMFM16)
    Who is singing?!
    Nobody but myself :emo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.