Labour councillor caught on camera 'helping' voters fill in their ballot in South Tha

Watch
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Labour councillor (who is the former council leader) caught on camera 'helping' voters to fill out their ballot paper in South Thanet

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...ter-in-thanet/
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So the council vote was rigged and should be re-run?

Perhaps if they redid the general election vote, UKIP bight get back to having a second MP lolz
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
Not at all. The article never said that.

Breitbart are reporting a simple fact with no agenda behind it. You know, because a councillor helping one voter at the polling station is clearly a huge issue.

Might' apply for a job as a journalist at Breitbart given how easy it seems to write for them.
Asolare
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Breitbart are reporting a simple fact with no agenda behind it. You know, because a councillor helping one voter at the polling station is clearly a huge issue. .
Errr I hope this is sarcasm? The secrecy of the ballot was ruined by her doing this...
--
Anyway, completely inappropriate behaviour.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
Errr I hope this is sarcasm? The secrecy of the ballot was ruined by her doing this...
--
Anyway, completely inappropriate behaviour.
Or one person helping another person out.
Asolare
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
Or one person helping another person out.
We won't know unless the voter gives a better comment - "didn't interfere" can imply 'didn't do anything [implying she wasn't helping]' or 'didnt affect how i voted'.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
Not necessarily. What was she talking to the voter about? For all we know she could have been explaining the difference between the local election ballot and the general election ballet (South Thanet was a part of both elections).

And yes it was sarcasm. I think this is a non-issue and that the only reason this has been reported is because it somewhat links to Nigel Farages defeat.
IamLiquid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
UKIP won the council elections for South Thanet, they have 33 seats.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
'Ms. Johnston replied, “I did nothing wrong. The presiding officer and the staff nodded me through, and the only comment made was that I shouldn’t mark the papers, and of course I wouldn’t. I have really strict rules for myself and others about this.”'

Not really her "rules for myself" she should be concerned about, but rather the Electoral Commission's rules and, y'know, the law...
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IamLiquid)
UKIP won the council elections for South Thanet, they have 33 seats.
But isn't the OP saying the election was corrupted?
Olie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
*Voter

One voter, nothing about her helping other voters other than this one person, as usual the OP exaggerates the facts to suit his agenda. Sure its inappropriate, but there's no evidence to suggest she wrongly interfered with the woman's vote and people are capable of choosing for themselves, so its a non-story really.
Rapt0r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be fair this probably happens in all parties. But even cheating Labour still lost the election.

Did they win that area?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (7)
5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
17.14%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.14%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (20)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
29.29%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.14%

Watched Threads