Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i don't have many friends really, 1 or 2 that i'd actually meet up with and although we don't have much in common we still get along well. The only problem i have is that they're both super into older guys and we have completely different tastes in guys. I'm the kind of person who is happy to be single and isn't really interested in relationships/sex/dates whereas my friends are OBSESSED with dating. One of my friends was in a 2 year relationship with a guy who cheated on her 19 times and only recently has broken up with him. A day later and she's already talking to 5 guys on tinder who are all around 23-25 years old (she's 18) and she wants me to go with her to meet up with them. I have anxiety so i'm not very comfortable meeting new people anyway but i really don't want to go around meeting up with 25 year olds in bars with her who clearly want nothing more than a quick shag. Is it bad that i don't think our friendship will work because we're so different when it comes to boys? I like her but i really don't know what to do because she keeps getting hurt but won't listen to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Articultr)
    i don't have many friends really, 1 or 2 that i'd actually meet up with and although we don't have much in common we still get along well. The only problem i have is that they're both super into older guys and we have completely different tastes in guys. I'm the kind of person who is happy to be single and isn't really interested in relationships/sex/dates whereas my friends are OBSESSED with dating. One of my friends was in a 2 year relationship with a guy who cheated on her 19 times and only recently has broken up with him. A day later and she's already talking to 5 guys on tinder who are all around 23-25 years old (she's 18) and she wants me to go with her to meet up with them. I have anxiety so i'm not very comfortable meeting new people anyway but i really don't want to go around meeting up with 25 year olds in bars with her who clearly want nothing more than a quick shag. Is it bad that i don't think our friendship will work because we're so different when it comes to boys? I like her but i really don't know what to do because she keeps getting hurt but won't listen to me
    Some people just have to learn the hard way. And no your friendship won't break down if it is as good as you say it is.

I think that a friendship can work despite what your tastes in guys; just let them believe and do what they want to do and try not to judge from where you stand cos that's kinda how you sound atm. If they're so bad then get some new friends who are more like you?

Don't do anything you don't feel comfortable about doing- question whether or not they're real friends if they pressure you into coming along tho.

ReputationRep:
    Don't allow yourself to be put in a situation which may to you be harmful. If she's your friend, she'll understand. If she isn't she'll pressure you to go. No matter what, stick to what you believe and your gut instinct. You'll be amazed at how accurate gut instinct can be.

But this is all just advice, do whatever you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    18 yr old looking for 23-25 yr old ain't bad at all.

she isn't really much friend if she is pressuring you to do something you don't want to do. your friend should respect your decisions and opinions.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry if this caused any offence :afraid:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.