aimsnaywux
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
just intrigued in all the different opinions of subjects so I have a few questions

what subjects did you chose to study or are currently studying and what is your best/worst subject? (if any are your worst you may love them all)

I study a level art, psychology, english lit and general studies*
I find english lit a big step from gcse as my last lit lesson before alevel was in year ten. Also in our first year we have to take general studies so there is no joy in the subject to me.
Neuth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aimsnaywux)
just intrigued in all the different opinions of subjects so I have a few questions

what subjects did you chose to study or are currently studying and what is your best/worst subject? (if any are your worst you may love them all)

I find english lit a big step from gcse as my last lit lesson before alevel was in year ten. Also in our first year we have to take general studies so there is no joy in the subject to me.
I study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit :yep:

I love them all in unique ways - Chem is my favourite, Maths is probably my least favourite (probably because I find it the hardest). English Lit is my easiest :yep:
kaash19
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

How do you find psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sociology - Crap and boring
Psychology - Boring but can be interesting sometimes
History - Quite interesting but difficult
IT - Boring
katemate98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Are you in AS? General studies is sooo boring and pointless isn't it?! Or is it just me?...
I do bio, chem, psychology and politics.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
English Lit, Geography, Maths, Philosophy, and General Studies.

Best is English Lit, worst is Maths (by far).
username1514999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Neuth)
I study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit :yep:

I love them all in unique ways - Chem is my favourite, Maths is probably my least favourite (probably because I find it the hardest). English Lit is my easiest :yep:
(Original post by katemate98)
Are you in AS? General studies is sooo boring and pointless isn't it?! Or is it just me?...
How do you guys find bio? Is it much harder than GCSE? Do you think it's more interesting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neuth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kiera28)
How do you guys find bio? Is it much harder than GCSE? Do you think it's more interesting?
It's definitely more interesting - lots more topics covered and in lots more detail :yep:
It's harder than GCSE, yes, but all A-Levels are!

I love it
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do Biology, Maths, and Media (dropped Physics last year)

Maths is by far the hardest, although it's pretty interesting. Biology is probably my favourite and easiest.
username1514999
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What grade did you get at bio GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nels98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maths: interesting but some difficult aspects when it comes to mechanics problems, pure is less applied.
Physics: interesting but some difficult aspects- diffraction imo
Chemistry: interesting but a surprising amount of memorising rather than understanding i find- in inorganic mainly
Psychology: boring- just memorising studies and definitions
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was this directed at me? I just about scraped an A.

[edit: I then went on to get an A at AS]
aimsnaywux
Rep:
?
(Original post by kaash19)
How do you find psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do love learning the topics, however my teacher gives us three essays a week (one at the end of each lesson on what we done in class) so that kills me off, but most def is very great
aimsnaywux
Rep:
?
(Original post by katemate98)

it is completely pointless indeed!!
katemate98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I like biology, it's a lot more interesting at AS and obviously harder but not incredibly hard. Definitely the easiest science I think. I got an A* at GCSE and am aiming for/working on an A now.
Ben4
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do Psychology, Maths, History and Biology all at AS, yep I know a weird hardly related combination.

Maths is my easiest, History is my hardest (it has the most content).

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I chose maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and biology. I finished maths so I'm currently studying further maths, physics, chemistry and biology.

Maths, further maths and physics are my favourites and I want to study mathematics and physics at uni. Physics could be a lot more mathematically demanding at A-level though.

Biology is my least favourite and chemistry is in between, but I still love all of my subjects and there's so much interesting stuff to learn in biology and chemistry.
aimsnaywux
Rep:
?
(Original post by morgan8002)
I chose maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and biology. I finished maths so I'm currently studying further maths, physics, chemistry and biology.

Maths, further maths and physics are my favourites and I want to study mathematics and physics at uni. Physics could be a lot more mathematically demanding at A-level though.

Biology is my least favourite and chemistry is in between, but I still love all of my subjects and there's so much interesting stuff to learn in biology and chemistry.
I never was strong at maths so once it was done at GCSE that was my last lesson of it. (I got a C in the exam)
I still do maths within subjects like psychology and art sometimes too.

It's good to hear that you're learning interesting stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
aimsnaywux
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ben4)
I do Psychology, Maths, History and Biology all at AS, yep I know a weird hardly related combination.

Maths is my easiest, History is my hardest (it has the most content).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't take history but many of my friends do, how did you find the exam on the wednesday just gone (if you say that one that is, different papers) my friends all felt a bit down afterwards

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1514999
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by loperdoper)
Was this directed at me? I just about scraped an A.

[edit: I then went on to get an A at AS]
Yeah and well done!! Hmmm I'm thinking about biology now.. Having loathed it (along with all science subjects) for the whole GCSE course I actually enjoyed the first exam (I know- what am I?) I got a B in the kick but had a feeling this went better. what you doing at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads