The Student Room Group

your chosen a-levels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aimsnaywux
I don't take history but many of my friends do, how did you find the exam on the wednesday just gone (if you say that one that is, different papers) my friends all felt a bit down afterwards

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didnt think it went too bad, the questions were asked in a weird way but I think it went okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Ben4
I didnt think it went too bad, the questions were asked in a weird way but I think it went okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats good to hear, I proper hate weirdly worded questions they don't half put you off when first read
Original post by kiera28
Yeah and well done!! Hmmm I'm thinking about biology now.. Having loathed it (along with all science subjects) for the whole GCSE course I actually enjoyed the first exam (I know- what am I?) I got a B in the kick but had a feeling this went better. :smile: what you doing at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Genetics! I did apply for some regular Biology courses, but I don't actually like much human/plant biology so I chose the more specific course.
Original post by loperdoper
Genetics! I did apply for some regular Biology courses, but I don't actually like much human/plant biology so I chose the more specific course.

💜💜 love genetics! How much is there in AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in year 11. Next year I'm doing:
English Language
French
German
Maths (Stats)
Reply 25
Original post by kittyruth
I'm in year 11. Next year I'm doing:
English Language
French
German
Maths (Stats)

that is a good choice :tongue: there was a group of us who wanted to do english language but the school said no to us which sucked (still does)
Original post by aimsnaywux
that is a good choice :tongue: there was a group of us who wanted to do english language but the school said no to us which sucked (still does)

I want to do Linguistics at uni, and most unis have English Language as a requirement for that so I'd be pretty devastated if that happened.

There's only 4 people doing German though, so they said they can't guarantee that it will continue to A2 (although German would probably be the option I would drop after year 12 anyway, so it wouldn't be too bad)
Original post by kiera28
love genetics! How much is there in AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speaking for OCR only, there's not a massive level in AS (transcription is covered, but that's about it iirc). However, that branch of biochemistry is covered in quite a bit of depth - there's things on how proteins are formed, and different types of stem cells. There's also some mitosis/meiosis.

A2 has a fairly hefty level of Genetics. Although the first exam (F214) is mostly human/plant biology, the second exam (F215) has an entire topic dedicated to "cellular control", so it's got things like how alleles are coded and inherited, as well as more mitosis/meiosis.

Quick Reply

Latest