The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C3 Maths June 2015

Couldn't find a forum on this how is everyone feeling for it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chem@uni
Couldn't find a forum on this how is everyone feeling for it?

You may have been better off posting this in the maths forum under the sub forum maths exams, maybe get a mod to move it?
Reply 2
Original post by Jai Sandhu
You may have been better off posting this in the maths forum under the sub forum maths exams, maybe get a mod to move it?

Okay well if any mods see this feel free to move it
Reply 3
.So people's weakest part

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
C3 is a beautiful exam.
Only thing I cant/refuse to do is proof questions, but they are usually 4-6 marks so no biggie..

Stupid things like "why would n(n-1)(n-2) be divisible by 6"... like wut?? NEXT.

Going to practice rational proofs incase it comes up and hope and pray it does.
Reply 5
Original post by iAmanze
C3 is a beautiful exam.
Only thing I cant/refuse to do is proof questions, but they are usually 4-6 marks so no biggie..

Stupid things like "why would n(n-1)(n-2) be divisible by 6"... like wut?? NEXT.

Going to practice rational proofs incase it comes up and hope and pray it does.

Yeah proofs are just that silly question no one wants
C3 is pretty good. Not thinking about it until all my AS exams are out of the way though (I'm doing C3 a year early).
Do you think that a week is long enough for me to prepare fully? All I will be doing in that week is past papers as I understand the course
EZ.
I think C3 is alright but I prefer C4.
Functions and the absolute things irritate me.
I'm getting around 83-86% at the moment but I'd really like the A* but I can't see myself 100%'ing C4 without bodging up somewhere :colondollar:
Just subscribing...
Looking forward for this exam - hate the fact it's a morning one though.
if you're using chain rule to differentiate, do you need to write the steps and substitutions or can you still get the marks using the quick way??
Original post by AlexParmenter
if you're using chain rule to differentiate, do you need to write the steps and substitutions or can you still get the marks using the quick way??

I never write out the substitutions personally, waste of time.

e.g.

ddx(4x+3)3=3×4×(4x+3)2=12(4x+3)2\dfrac{d}{dx}(4x+3)^3 = 3 \times 4 \times (4x+3)^2 = 12(4x+3)^2

That's all my working would be.
Original post by lizard54142
I never write out the substitutions personally, waste of time.

e.g.

ddx(4x+3)3=3×4×(4x+3)2=12(4x+3)2\dfrac{d}{dx}(4x+3)^3 = 3 \times 4 \times (4x+3)^2 = 12(4x+3)^2

That's all my working would be.

ok thanks that's all i do too :biggrin:
ok thanks that's all i do too :biggrin:

:smile: how are you feeling for this exam?
Original post by lizard54142
:smile: how are you feeling for this exam?

I feel pretty confident, I resat all of my AS modules this year so haven't had quite as much time to focus on C3 and C4 as I wanted to but I've done so much prctice throughout the year for C3 that I can finish a paper pretty fast giving me lots of time to go over and check my answers. I've also got M1 next week but I'm prioritising C3.

How about you? And what other module are you doing besides C3/C4?
I feel pretty confident, I resat all of my AS modules this year so haven't had quite as much time to focus on C3 and C4 as I wanted to but I've done so much prctice throughout the year for C3 that I can finish a paper pretty fast giving me lots of time to go over and check my answers. I've also got M1 next week but I'm prioritising C3.

How about you? And what other module are you doing besides C3/C4?

I am feeling reasonably confident, this is one of my nicer modules. I need full UMS though, so that will be tough.

I am also doing C4, M1, FP2, NM. I have already done FP3, D1 and M2 this exam season. Long way to go...
This unit is crucial for A*...
Atm I can see myself get 80% in C3 and 100% in C4:tongue:
FP3 vectors makes C4 EZPZ:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest