The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C3 Maths June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hody421
That or 180 degrees?

That is also correct.

Original post by pinkgorilla
To get an A overall, is it just 480 UMS for both as and a2 combined ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, 480/600 across all 6 modules.

Original post by Velocity_
If this paper is similar to the January 2013 I think I might be able to get that B Iv been spending countless hours trying to hit. God I can't wait to never do integration or differentiation again! I need that B in Maths though buts it's so difficult. :frown:

You'll be fine :smile: just go to bed now, doing work this late won't affect you positively! Good luck tomorrow.
Original post by lizard54142

You'll be fine :smile: just go to bed now, doing work this late won't affect you positively! Good luck tomorrow.

I'm begging that your right. Is a C in maths respectable? :frown: Because that's what I'm gonna get if I don't get a strong B in this uni because I'm not gonna get a C in C4 and if I get a good B in C3 and a D in C4 I can get a B overall.
Original post by Velocity_
I'm begging that your right. Is a C in maths respectable? :frown: Because that's what I'm gonna get if I don't get a strong B in this uni because I'm not gonna get a C in C4 and if I get a good B in C3 and a D in C4 I can get a B overall.

If you have that mentality you won't! If you are capable of getting a B in C3 you can get a B in C4 as well! Of course a C is respectable :smile:
Original post by lizard54142
If you have that mentality you won't! If you are capable of getting a B in C3 you can get a B in C4 as well! Of course a C is respectable :smile:

Your right! IM GONNA GET AN A! Maybe B if it's a hard paper! I CAN DO THIS :p:H. Come at me OCR MEI. I'll be waiting. Good night! :tongue:
*prayers*
Good morning, good luck everyone!
The maths papers I've sat so far this year have all been really nice so hopefully c3 will be the same unlike the science papers this year :smile: good luck everyone! Read the questions carefully
Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait... 13/18 in coursework.

Meaning I can only lose 4 marks in the exam to be at 90%? waaah?

1 dodgy proof questions and that's that gone. FML.
Reply 229
Original post by iAmanze

Tell me about it, I can only really afford to drop one mark to get 90% Very doubtful.
Original post by iAmanze

It's fine, just bomb C4 and you can get an A star as long as you get most the stuff in this paper!
Original post by Rhydon1000
It's fine, just bomb C4 and you can get an A star as long as you get most the stuff in this paper!

Loljk comprehension
9.iii) what limits were we supposed to use as it just said between the curve and x axis? I assumed it meant between ln3 and 0 😌
I copied all the functions down onto my graphical calculator lol, so I'll type them up now ~
Original post by chizz1889
9.iii) what limits were we supposed to use as it just said between the curve and x axis? I assumed it meant between ln3 and 0 😌

Yes - it said 'the area enclosed by the curve and the x-axis', and the only area that was enclosed was that, which you just described.
Such a nice exam ahhh so annoyed at myself for losing a mark on integration! hopefully 71/72 will be enough?
What time is this exam?
Original post by Duskstar
Yes - it said 'the area enclosed by the curve and the x-axis', and the only area that was enclosed was that, which you just described.

Ahaha safe then 😆 I got 4-3ln3 as it has to be positive right 😊
Co-ordinates for Q1?
Original post by JamesExtra
Co-ordinates for Q1?

(1.11,4.09)

Quick Reply