The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C3 Maths June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesExtra
Sorry to burst your bubble but they won't be low. If anything they'll be high. It was easier than other papers as long as you knew integration and differentiation inside out

Most people in my (high achieving) school found this difficult . . . they include lots of kids with offers from Oxbridge etc . . . that's just my opinion anyway
Same here, which school?
Original post by Danny2893
I think most people would have preferred a different paper tbh

That honesty surprises me. I'm not that good, looking to get an A overall. Probably got a high C on mechanics. Generally feel like I get similar to the what your average guy gets.
Any ideas on grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made some silly mistakes like forgetting to change u back in terms of x for Q 2, but it was a good paper
Did anyone find it strange that question 7 was pretty much an exact copy of a question from a previous paper?
Original post by Alludeen1
Most people in my (high achieving) school found this difficult . . . they include lots of kids with offers from Oxbridge etc . . . that's just my opinion anyway

Which questions were so hard? They all felt doable apart from arcsinx=arccosx
Reply 327
wasn't even that hard a paper just ****ed so much up. reckon I'll get around 52 and I'm hoping my m1 and c4 (hopefully) will make it into an A
the first question was a b**ch

At one point I got 2cosx - sinx = 0...

No clue how to solve that!
I thought about using the double-angle-thingamajig-formula but that's C4 :s-smilie:

I did 2cox=sinx and then squared it and used sin^2x + cos^2x =1
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lissy14
I thought about using the double-angle-thingamajig-formula but that's C4

Take the sinx to the other side, sinx/cosx=tanx so you get tanx=2

Funnily enough I could do that one:tongue: ... I can't remember the exact questions but I thought it was generally harder with few straight-forward questions?

Mate it was so bull****, Section A was fine, but Section B........kill it with fire
Original post by Lissy14
I thought about using the double-angle-thingamajig-formula but that's C4

2cosx=sinx
Tanx=2
X=arctan2
X=1.11
Take the sinx to the other side, sinx/cosx=tanx so you get tanx=2

Oh cr**
Well that was a bitch for anyone who didn't like to integrate. Hoping this means less integration on C4
Is there a mark scheme with the marks attached to it and it quite nicely set out? im not sure if i got a B still ;/
Do we still get the mark for having a negative integral? I left mine negative and said the integral of g(x) would be -integral of f(x) since it's the same area below the x axis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will I lose a mark for saying 'x= (root2)/2' I didn't put +/- but it was only a two mark question
what was the formula of they function that we had to differentiate twice in q8? im sure it wasnt (x-2)2/2 as has been said earlier, although i could be wrong
Omg thanks for posting the questions looks like I'm on an A <3

Phew I thought most of my answers were wrong!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending