Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, is anyone else taking the Chinese listening and reading exam on Tuesday?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Yep, I am
    Which do you prefer, reading or listening?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karimoja)
    Which do you prefer, reading or listening?
    Reading by far, I much prefer dealing with characters than with tones!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reading by far, I much prefer dealing with characters than with tones!
    Same! I'm really bad at the open questions in the listening as I find it really hard to follow!

ReputationRep:
    Same! I'm really bad at the open questions in the listening as I find it really hard to follow!
    I know We ran out of past papers and ended up doing some AQA ones, they were so much easier!

ReputationRep:
    I know We ran out of past papers and ended up doing some AQA ones, they were so much easier!
    I am taking Chinese as an extra GCSE and they don't run it at my school but I have been learning it myself. So I have no idea what sort of grades I am working at which is really frustrating! Would you reccommend trying AQA past papers as well?

ReputationRep:
    I am taking Chinese as an extra GCSE and they don't run it at my school but I have been learning it myself. So I have no idea what sort of grades I am working at which is really frustrating! Would you reccommend trying AQA past papers as well?
    I'm not sure about the reading ones but the listening is pretty different. Try them if you've run out of Edexcel, or the IGCSE ones, but otherwise I'd advise sticking to Edexcel if you can

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the reading ones but the listening is pretty different. Try them if you've run out of Edexcel, or the IGCSE ones, but otherwise I'd advise sticking to Edexcel if you can
    Okay great, thanks! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Okay great, thanks! Good luck!
    You're welcome, good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it too, so good luck for Tuesday. Keep doing the same answers and you'll eventually know all of the vocabulary you need for the exams. The exams cover all of the vocab you need to know. And use the Edexcel approved Chinese vocab list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainb0wweasley)
    I'm doing it too, so good luck for Tuesday. Keep doing the same answers and you'll eventually know all of the vocabulary you need for the exams. The exams cover all of the vocab you need to know. And use the Edexcel approved Chinese vocab list.
    Thanks, good luck to you to!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well I mean its over now but how did you guys find it? :0 I thought the reading was a bit harder than the past papers but it was okay and then the listening was ehhh alright aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idkwhothisis)
    Yeah, well I mean its over now but how did you guys find it? :0 I thought the reading was a bit harder than the past papers but it was okay and then the listening was ehhh alright aha
    I found the listening quite hard, but then it always is! Personally i thought the reading was okay but i think thats as i revised it more!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, this is what I found today:

Listening: I think it was harder than the Reading, Edexcel tried to put us off with the change of format. Also, they increased the speed of the speakers which was really annoying! I don't know how the country did though.

Reading: I think it was very easy and I am pretty sure that my school felt the same way. Expect the grade boundaries for this one to increase.

What about yourselves?

Also, does anyone know where I can get a link to OCR GCSE A GEOGRAPHY

ReputationRep:
    Ironically, having done AQA GCSE, we ran out and did the edexcel ones and we found them easy :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahahahaha123)
    Hey guys, this is what I found today:

Listening: I think it was harder than the Reading, Edexcel tried to put us off with the change of format. Also, they increased the speed of the speakers which was really annoying! I don't know how the country did though.

Reading: I think it was very easy and I am pretty sure that my school felt the same way. Expect the grade boundaries for this one to increase.

What about yourselves?

Also, does anyone know where I can get a link to OCR GCSE A GEOGRAPHY
    I agree with you about both papers. The listening was definitely faster - at the start of one question it just sounded illegible! And yeah, reading was easy. I loved the question about London transport, the Underground is my favourite part of London :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, I do remember that question. I just hope the grade boundaries don't fluctuate too much, because I really want A* for Mandarin, but now it is gonna be ''touch and go'' because of my Listening.

Do you remember what marks you got for the controlled assessments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahahahaha123)
    Ah yes, I do remember that question. I just hope the grade boundaries don't fluctuate too much, because I really want A* for Mandarin, but now it is gonna be ''touch and go'' because of my Listening.

Do you remember what marks you got for the controlled assessments?
    I think I was mostly about 1 mark off full marks for each.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.