The Student Room Group

AS Level Failure, Many Questions

Hey so I achieved well in my GCSEs and went on to do my as levels this year, currently have taken 3 exams out of 7. My last geography exam didn't go very well even though I have been revising a decent amount and the first one did go quite well. My college has told me if I achieve less than a C in 2 subjects I will not be able to continue with A2 which is understandable. I decided earlier on in the year that I would not make an attempt with law revision due to the fact I found it incredibly hard and would not be taking it at A2. This means I am now in danger of only passing 2 AS levels as I don't believe geography went well (due to one out of two exams) but I am confident for English and geology (my other 2 AS levels). There is a chance I could continue geography if I achieve a D however I'm not sure on the likelihood of this.

So basically I'm asking what are my options if I fail 2 AS levels?
Would I have to retake all my AS levels again or just geography?
Could I possibly carry onto A2 with a D in geography and just resit 1 unit of the AS exam (the one that went badly) to bring the grade up?
Can I resist my AS levels at all?
If I'm looking at doing an English language degree will resits affect my chances of getting into university?
What are my other options?

I hope this is understands as I'm really freaking out, I need as much information as possible, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 1
I dont know what to do either and im also freaking out, not as much as my mum tho lol. So far im working at distinction level in welshbacc, should get an A in wjec religion, paper was sooooo easy. I think i done ok in wjec g1 geog but g2 im not so happy with. Wjec geol i think im getting a U in. Paper 1 was okish, the investigatuon my teacher says i should have an A in but g3 is comming on tues and i havent a clue on it. I need geol more as i want to study earth sciences. I have never done this subject before and due to my dyslexia and autism i learn things at a slower pace so not having studied geol before has def confussed me. Im hoping ive done ok on geog to get me through but im not convinced after g3.
hey there are resits next year for your AS so you should not be worried. stay positive
Reply 3
Original post by eemmmmaaaaa
So basically I'm asking what are my options if I fail 2 AS levels?

The answers to almost all your questions depend on your current school's rules - and whether you are prepared to go elsewhere if you can't do what you want there. Requiring Cs to stay into Y13 is a much higher requirement than most 6th forms so changing 6th forms may be worth considering if your current centre won't let you do what you want.

The exam boards have no rules about what you carry on or what you re-sit and any unit (or any combination of units) you took this year can be re-sat next summer.
Thank you for the responses! It's very good to know I'm able to resit units to improve my grade next year, hoping we all do well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply