Turn on thread page Beta

me and this girl I've been saying for a few months, we got sooo close, felt connections and generally felt I loved this girl, anyway we had ann argument 3 days ago which it was her fault, as she offended me by something she said and didn't care so we had an argument and blocked each other since then, anyway something like this has happened when it was MY fault and I apologized but this time I'm not, I have too much pride to message her when it was her fault; likewise she would be apologising.

But I miss her so much, and have cried because I miss her so much. Do I message her? or wait/move on? especially considering it was her who offended me

ReputationRep:
    Well,

Clearly from your repeated "her who offended me", you hold a lot of resentment towards this person in such a small space of time already. Aside from that, if you really loved this person, you wouldn't give a damn if it wasn't your fault, you accept it and move on. But you're rejecting this idea so clearly it's not true love (yet).=

(Original post by JooW)
    Well,

Clearly from your repeated "her who offended me", you hold a lot of resentment towards this person in such a small space of time already. Aside from that, if you really loved this person, you wouldn't give a damn if it wasn't your fault, you accept it and move on. But you're rejecting this idea so clearly it's not true love (yet).=
    well, I don't want to message due to my pride taking over for the fact I don't want to come across as whipped or someone you can walk over. Also it wasn't my fault, I can get over what happened, but the fact she hasn't even apologized/messaged makes me resentful, as if she liked me as much as I liked her she'd off said something by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well, I don't want to message due to my pride taking over for the fact I don't want to come across as whipped or someone you can walk over. Also it wasn't my fault, I can get over what happened, but the fact she hasn't even apologized/messaged makes me resentful, as if she liked me as much as I liked her she'd off said something by now.
    You just answered you own question :P

"if she liked me as much as I liked her she'd of said something by now". If you really like her, you'd swallow your pride like I said

(Original post by JooW)
    You just answered you own question :P

"if she liked me as much as I liked her she'd of said something by now". If you really like her, you'd swallow your pride like I said
    fair point, but wouldn't you think the guy is being taken as a mug?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess you will be a bit of a mug for going back to her when she annoyed you/caused an argument but that's a sacrifice you're gonna have to make if you want to make this relationship a thing

ReputationRep:
    fair point, but wouldn't you think the guy is being taken as a mug?
    well, I don't want to message due to my pride taking over for the fact I don't want to come across as whipped
    Why should your image matter in a relationship? srsly...

Saying that, if she hasn't got in contact with you either then talking to her seems like a complete waste of time. Besides, it sounds like you're still pissed at her so it wouldn't be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Message her put just tell her this- " I don't want to start another argument, but surely you can see that what you said [insert what she said] hurt me, if it was retaliated and if I said what you said to me - you would be upset too. It's not a matter of who was in the right or wrong, it's a matter of empathizing with me and acknowledging that I have feelings too. A simple acknowledgement and apology is what's due and if you find that too difficult to do then it'll be difficult for us to move past this."

If she can't see why she's wrong or is too adamant to apologise then you may need to reconsider whether she is truly the one for you- because people who like/love each other care about the other persons feelings and if they can't see past that then maybe you should reconsider your relationship /friendship with her.

Don't contact her for a month. When she speaks to you act like nothing happened and continue.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.