The Student Room Group

Design Technology PROD1 AS 2015 2/06/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Overall k think it was a really nice paper, what did people say for the mahogany and melamine questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did people find it? Here is what I put for the questions I remember:

-Composites for the GRP

Said boat hull, strength in all directions and lightweight so will float

- Smart material photochromatic pigment in kettles. safety aspect so you know where is hot and not etc.

-Used aluminium for luggage holder. Lightweight, easily to manufacture with and comes in various stock sizes. Using my knowledge in the fabrication industry I went into more detail about mechanical rollers and the maths behind it (too much time left at the end). Described how chrome plating works also due to knowledge from being a laborer and simply said it was bolted together.

-Rotational moulding, simple simple

-Health and safety mentioned safety stops on pillar drill and use of PPE

-Risk assessment can't really remember

-The ergonomics and H&S mentioned adding elastomers to feet so doesnt slip, adding inlets to add sand or water into legs to lower CofM. Also arms for the chair to make sure child wouldnt slip off side.

-Last question said different pigments could be added to change colour and also phospheric pigment could be added for glow in the dark say the kids had a sleepover etc. Added a bookshelf and a drawer for drawing pencils and paper and books.

Don't think it went too badly
Reply 22
Original post by joeby1997
How did people find it? Here is what I put for the questions I remember:

-Composites for the GRP

Said boat hull, strength in all directions and lightweight so will float

- Smart material photochromatic pigment in kettles. safety aspect so you know where is hot and not etc.

-Used aluminium for luggage holder. Lightweight, easily to manufacture with and comes in various stock sizes. Using my knowledge in the fabrication industry I went into more detail about mechanical rollers and the maths behind it (too much time left at the end). Described how chrome plating works also due to knowledge from being a laborer and simply said it was bolted together.

-Rotational moulding, simple simple

-Health and safety mentioned safety stops on pillar drill and use of PPE

-Risk assessment can't really remember

-The ergonomics and H&S mentioned adding elastomers to feet so doesnt slip, adding inlets to add sand or water into legs to lower CofM. Also arms for the chair to make sure child wouldnt slip off side.

-Last question said different pigments could be added to change colour and also phospheric pigment could be added for glow in the dark say the kids had a sleepover etc. Added a bookshelf and a drawer for drawing pencils and paper and books.

Don't think it went too badly

I did identical to you, for ergo I said cushion and grip, angled legs for stability, backrest as tail, thinner ears for handles.

For last one I said LCD screens with educational games, buttons that light up and make noises, white board on the side of the leg, polymorph ears to engage the child, Thermochdratic paint to change colour when child touches it, wheels to make it move and a vehicle,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else get a much lower grade than expected on this exam?
Yep... I was told I got an A* in course work then got an A and then in the exam I got a high B. So B overall, should have had an A 😩

Quick Reply

Latest