The Student Room Group

AQA French A2 2015 [Unit 3]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kate_maria
That exam absolutely ridiculous. The listening was so hard!! The reading was just as bad. Anyone pick up on the subjunctive for one of the sentences into french???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember putting a 'soient' in somewhere, something about it being shocking?
What did everyone put for question 2?
Did anyone else write an essay on 'Un Sac de Billes'?
Can't believe I never have to look at that book again!! :tongue:
Original post by Dukeofhazzard
I remember putting a 'soient' in somewhere, something about it being shocking?

Thank goodness. It was it is shocking that young people are punished so severely.

I put il est choquant que les adolescents soient punis si sévèrement.

No idea if any of that is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 384
To be honest the only thing I am absolutely confident about was my essay :/
Translation was horrible the rest went okay
Original post by kate_maria
Thank goodness. It was it is shocking that young people are punished so severely.

I put il est choquant que les adolescents soient punis si sévèrement.

No idea if any of that is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is the exact same thing that I put, so I hope it's right
Original post by repasuti

I put same but something possessed me to put 'ados' instead of adolescents, hopefully my examiner is game for a bit of French slang....
Me too

So do I. I spoke to my teacher afterwards and he said he would have used the subjunctive. Makes me feel better that someone put the same as me!
I don't even know how that exam went...

The listening was much harder than in previous years IMO, the translation from English into French (I wasn't sure if 'it's shocking that' need a subjunctive, but it seems that it did) I found quite difficult (I liked how sassy the French into English translation was, though) and I ended up finishing with about 20 minutes to spare because I thought we finished much earlier than we actually did as I couldn't see the board to see when we finished, so I had to add bits into my essay and I'm worried the examiner will find it hard to read it.

I don't want to discuss specific things that people put because that'll make me worry more about it. I just really hope I got the A I needed. :frown:
Original post by crabsticks
Did anyone else write an essay on 'Un Sac de Billes'?
Can't believe I never have to look at that book again!! :tongue:

Yes... chose the messages question, not the personnage secondaire one. So I dealt with it along the line of themes, except more emphasis on what Joffo was trying to get across to his readers... the resilience of children, the pleasure you can get from coping with a difficult situation, the importance of being an optimist, the kindness of strangers who put themselves at risk for you in terrible circumstances, the ability to recount tragic events without bitterness, the importance of humour as a coping mechanism, and overall the supremacy of hope over fear. I loved the book.... you not so keen?
Reply 391
anyone have any answers for the listening? I got CDAABC for q2 and for the last 6 phrases which were right i put AKMSDG. are these correct?
What did everyone put for question 2?

From what I remember, I got 90s, you simply have to ask to obtain the nationality, he joined the basketball club, was accepted by the other people and made friends (can't remember exactly what I said), he had a diploma in IT, and he didn't want to go back because he found a job in a laboratory and I wrote something about biochemical haha, but I swear it's all wrong

What did everyone get for question 4 about the town with loads of waste?
Original post by Dukeofhazzard
I put same but something possessed me to put 'ados' instead of adolescents, hopefully my examiner is game for a bit of French slang....

Me too! felt like I was being a true French person when I used it....adolescents sounded too English hahaha
Original post by Claros
I don't even know how that exam went...

The listening was much harder than in previous years IMO, the translation from English into French (I wasn't sure if 'it's shocking that' need a subjunctive, but it seems that it did) I found quite difficult (I liked how sassy the French into English translation was, though) and I ended up finishing with about 20 minutes to spare because I thought we finished much earlier than we actually did as I couldn't see the board to see when we finished, so I had to add bits into my essay and I'm worried the examiner will find it hard to read it.

I don't want to discuss specific things that people put because that'll make me worry more about it. I just really hope I got the A I needed. :frown:

https://www.lawlessfrench.com/subjunctivisor/il-est-etonnant/

It did use subjunctive :smile:
Original post by sabeansontoast
From what I remember, I got 90s, you simply have to ask to obtain the nationality, he joined the basketball club, was accepted by the other people and made friends (can't remember exactly what I said), he had a diploma in IT, and he didn't want to go back because he found a job in a laboratory and I wrote something about biochemical haha, but I swear it's all wrong

1, the town is near the swiss border
2, they pay for rubbish collection according to waste
3, theres a "puce" that measures the weight
4, they treat most of their waste
5, they get their bill twice a year

6, the church roof was re built from recycled material
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes
Original post by sabeansontoast

That was meant to be in french right for the answers you just put?!
Original post by josephine2410
1, the town is near the swiss border
2, they pay for rubbish collection according to waste
3, theres a "puce" that measures the weight
4, they treat most of their waste
5, they get their bill twice a year

6, the church roof was re built from recycled material

Got the same :smile:
Original post by cgureje
That was meant to be in french right for the answers you just put?!

Yeah haha, I did put it in French!
Did anyone do question 12b, Le Petit Prince, (the messages question)?? if so which points did you include?
I did 3 main points, the fact that adults aren't always right etc, that we shouldn't judge others (l'astronomme turc) and how we spend our time (la pillule). What did everyone write?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending